Miami Dade County - Office of Management and Budget
05/01/19 4:00 PM
Grants of up to $65,000 to Miami-Dade County, Florida nonprofit community-based organizations for environmental education projects. Funds are intended to raise the awareness of residents to Miami-Dade County’s fragile environment. All proposed activities must contain an environmental outreach and education component as part of their scope of services.
General Activity Requests:
- For those organizations targeting school-aged children, special emphasis is to be placed on serving critically low performing schools based on the most recent, publicly available list of low-scoring schools as determined by the State of Florida's testing scores.
- Special emphasis is to be placed on serving at-risk children and residents from economically disadvantaged urban neighborhoods with low-income and minority populations.
- Upon sufficient notice and mutual agreement, the organization will be available to conduct presentations (to schools, homeowners groups, community fairs, Commissioner events, residents, etc.) at the request of the Department of Regulatory and Economic Resources, Division of Environmental Resources Management (RER-DERM); Department of Solid Waste Management (SWM); and Water and Sewer Department (WASD).
Priority areas include:
- Water pollution, drinking water quality, water conservation
- Urban forestry
- Recycling and solid waste management, and
- General environmental.
For more information about these priority areas, and types of activities that may be proposed, see: https://www.miamidade.gov/grants/library/rfp/9333/rfp-9333-full.pdf#page=7
GrantWatch ID#: 185692
The maximum amount of funding that any organization may request cannot exceed $65,000.
The County anticipates awarding a contract(s) not to exceed twelve (12) months with the Contract Period starting on or after July 1, 2019.
All proposers must be an eligible 501(c)(3) non-profit community-based organization. Please note you must have an IRS letter of determination of 501(c)(3) status dated prior to the RFP submission deadline.
All proposed activities must take place in Miami-Dade County and benefit Miami-Dade County residents.
Environmental Education should be a core mission of the community-based organization. Additionally, the proposal must state the mission and provide documentation to substantiate that environmental education is a central component of the organization’s goals, objectives and activities.
One-time events will not be considered for funding.
Administrative Cost Cap: Administrative costs may not exceed 15% of the total funding received for any one program.
Attendance at the scheduled Pre-Proposal Conference is strongly encouraged. This session will provide an opportunity for Proposers to raise questions about any requirements of this RFP. The Pre-Proposal Conference will be held on the following date and time:
Stephen P. Clark Building
111 NW 1st Street, Miami, Florida 33128
18th Floor, Room 18-4
Monday, April 8, 2019; 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Proposals are due at the Clerk of the Board of County Commissioners no later than Wednesday, May 1, 2019; 4:00 pm. Applications may be mailed, sent by courier, express-mailed, or hand-delivered to Clerk’s Office. Applications cannot be faxed or e-mailed.
April 1, 2019: RFP Released (12:00 p.m.) and published on Website
April 8, 2019: Pre-Proposal Conference (2:00-4:00 pm.)
May 1, 2019: Proposal Submission Deadline (4:00 pm.)
May 2-8, 2019: Staff Review and Sorting of Proposals
May 8, 2019: Selection Committee Training/Kickoff Meeting
May 8-13, 2019: Cure Period
May 31, 2019: Review/Selection Committee Meeting
June 6-10, 2019: Proposers Notified and Appeals Process Starts/Ends
June 13, 2019: Mayor Approves Final Recommendations for Grant Awards
June 14, 2019: Contract Execution Process Begins
July 1, 2019: Contract Period Begins
Organizations may not submit multiple applications.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Please address all correspondence to the Designated Contact Person for this RFP:
Daniel T. Wall
Office of Management and Budget
111 NW 1st Street, 22nd Floor
Miami, Florida 33128
Office: (305) 375-4742 / Fax: (305) 375-4454
RFP No. 9333
USA: Florida: Miami-Dade County