Foundation / Corporation
Hampton Roads Community Foundation
05/24/19 5:00 PM
Grants ranging from $5,000 to $25,000 to Virginia nonprofit organizations for re-engagement and intervention programs focusing on South Hampton Roads youth, ages 16 to 24, who are disconnected from school or the workforce. Funding may also be used for prevention programs for middle or high school students who are at high risk of disconnection due to:
- Homelessness and/or foster care
- Emotional, physical or sexual abuse and/or human trafficking
- Mental health/behavioral health issues and/or drug abuse
- Involvement in the juvenile justice system
Applicants should explain how the program for which funding is sought addresses one or more of the following:
- Workforce training and/or employment placement
- Mental/behavioral health services
- Drop-out prevention and academic success
- Temporary shelter and/or permanent housing opportunities
- Independent living services for older youth
Programs must measure outcomes and have a plan for program sustainability beyond the grant year. There is a preference for applicants who:
- Collaborate with other organizations to reduce duplication of services
- Use innovative methods incorporation evidence-based best practices
*Disconnected youth are teenagers and young adults between the ages of 16 and 24 who are neither working nor in school.
GrantWatch ID#: 185728
The Partners anticipate awarding grants in the range of $5,000 to $25,000. The Partners reserve the right to award both smaller and larger grants.
Multi-year requests will not be funded.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=hamptonroadscf
For questions regarding the online application, please contact Sarah Ellis at
email@example.com or (757) 622-7951.
For questions about the proposal, please contact Kate Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (757) 622-7951.
USA: Virginia: South Hampton Roads (Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Suffolk or Virginia Beach)