Foundation / Corporation
Lancaster County Community Foundation
Grants ranging between $2,500 and $5,000 and grants ranging between $10,000 and $50,000 to Lancaster County, Pennsylvania nonprofit organizations for water improvement projects. Funds are available for small implementable projects and for large-scale restoration projects.
Clean water is a priority for partners across all of Lancaster County, especially since over half of our streams and much of our groundwater is unhealthy. A collaborative group of partners are ready to work with landowners and leaders across the landscape on restoration and protection projects in priority places to improve our water quality. Lancaster County is a top priority for Pennsylvania’s Watershed Implementation Plan (WIP), so these projects will align with the county-based strategy designed by the Lancaster Clean Water Partners. This fund will enable more partners to contribute to the bigger effort, improving the efficiency and effectiveness of those projects using technology, cultural sensitivity, and science-based practices to get our streams to clean and clear in a generation.
This fund offers two grant opportunities:
- Community Grant Fund: These grants are intended to stimulate smaller, implementable projects that are lead by locally based conservation organizations, municipalities and community groups. Projects need to have a focus on streambank stabilization, riparian forest buffers, community tree plantings, green infrastructure, and/or environmental education while prioritizing collaboration with new partners. With the intention of being part of the collective effort for clean water, projects are encouraged to highlight how work with other Lancaster County partners will protect water, create habitat, and enable people to explore outdoors.
- Water Quality Impact Fund: These grants are intended to support large-scale, high priority restoration projects that create a measurable and positive impact on water quality. Projects could include design and implementation of agricultural conservation practices, stormwater practices, riparian buffer implementation, and ecological restoration (stream, wetland, or floodplain restoration). Costs to write conservation plans for agriculture lands can be covered. Buffer installation is required for a project on land that includes a stream if no buffer exists currently (Buffer installation can be covered by this grant).
- Contributes to Lancaster County’s collective effort for clean water
- Project demonstrates measurable nutrient and sediment reductions that help achieve water quality improvements in priority areas to implement the local strategy for PA’s Watershed Implementation Plan
- Addresses the “big ideas” of county planning and land use (Places2040)
GrantWatch ID#: 185854
Community Grant Fund: $2,500 – $5,000
Water Quality Impact Fund: $10,000 - $50,000
Funds must be spent by September 30, 2020.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Application portal: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=lancfound
Ashlinn Masland-Sarani, Lancaster County Community Foundation
Allyson Gibson, Lancaster Clean Water Partners
Fritz Schroeder, Lancaster Conservancy
USA: Pennsylvania: Lancaster County
Fundraising opportunity for USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations to host a jazz concert held in honor of their organization or cause. Applicants must contact the funding source prior to applying. In addition to funds raised through concert ticket sales
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to reduce social inequality and promote solutions to the climate crisis. Eligible programs will address the areas of racial and economic justice, corporate and political accountability; voice, creativity, and culture; and an inclusi
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations for projects that benefit women and girls. The purpose of this grant program is to effect social change and promote gender equality. Grant funds may be used to support existing or new programs. Eligible applicants must work within t
Grants to USA, Canada, and International independent filmmakers for feature-length documentary films in development stage to post-production. Funding is intended to support independent, nonfiction films that demonstrate effective storytelling, feasibility and originalit
Grant to a USA nonprofit organization to improve healthcare among underserved populations. Applicants are advised to verify or create the required registrations well in advance of the deadline date. The purpose of the program is to educate mental health professionals ab
Grants to Pennsylvania nonprofit organizations for programs and projects to benefit communities in eligible regions. Applicants must submit a letter of inquiry prior to submitting a full application. Funding is intended for programs to foster healthy communities, create
Grant of $9,500 to a USA, Canada, or International graduate psychology student for research and demonstration projects that foster understanding of the relationship between self-identity and scholastic achievement, primarily for children in kindergarten through eighth g
Grants to USA, Mexico, and Haiti nonprofits, for-profit organizations, and government entities for programs and services that improve the quality of life for underserved children. Focus areas include working families, equitable communities, and thriving children. The Fu
Grants to USA colleges, universities, and nonprofit media arts organizations for film fellowships and scholarships. Funding is intended to support film projects by students and fellows in the early stages of their careers. Films can be comprised of, but are not limited,
Donations to USA nonprofit organizations for programming support for arts, pre-K-12 education, and literacy programs across the country. In addition, sponsorship opportunities are provided to USA for-profit and nonprofit organizations focusing on literacy, the arts, a