Foundation / Corporation
United Way of Greater St. Louis
06/28/19 5:00 PM
Grants of up to $5,000 to Missouri and Illinois nonprofit organizations for financial education programs and to empower low-income families in the St. Louis Metro Area. Funding is intended to train those struggling financially by combining goal setting, budget and credit counseling, financial education, and financial coaching with a monetary incentive to save. Eligible regions include St. Louis City, St. Louis County, Jefferson County, St. Charles County, Madison County, and St. Clair County.
ASSET is a multi-pronged financial empowerment program for families with young children. It provides support to those struggling financially by combining goal setting, financial education, credit building, and financial coaching with a monetary incentive to save.
The grant is intended to fund staff and program supports to help clients overcome obstacles to participation such as providing a light dinner and/or snacks, transportation, childcare, and financial education incentives.
- In addition to the cohort of 12-15 participants, up to five (5) front-line (non-managerial) agency staff members can participate in the program via online classes.
Program participants will receive:
- 10 hours of free financial education
- Free credit counseling session with action plan to improve credit
- Complimentary personal financial coaching (provided by United Way Volunteers)
- Matched savings of $300 (participants will save $100 over the course of the program and will earn a match of $300)
Staff member will receive training on:
- How to implement the program model
- Completing enrollment and program evaluation forms
- Financial education curriculum and supplemental materials
- Reporting, evaluation, and data tracking requirements
GrantWatch ID#: 185998
Agencies will receive $2,500 to support a class of 12-15 participants or $5,000 for two classes of 12-15 participants each.
Nonprofit organizations that serve low-income families with children in the St. Louis Metro Area, including social service agencies, Head Starts, and/or non-profit childcare centers, are eligible to apply.
To qualify for funding, an organization must at a minimum:
1) Be a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit or governmental entity that serves low-income families with children (including social service agencies, Head Starts, and/or non-profit childcare centers)
2) File a Federal 990 annually
3) Be in good standing with the State of Missouri’s Secretary of State
4) Conduct an annual independent financial audit
5) Have a policy on compliance with USA Patriot Act and other counterterrorism laws
6) Have a policy for background checks, including child abuse and neglect screenings
7) Have an agency policy on non-discrimination
8) Have an agency policy on privacy protection practices (HIPAA)
9) Provide on-going client support for at least 6 months
United Way will host a grant informational meeting on Wednesday, June 5th from 1:30-3 pm at the United Way office (910 N. 11 th Street, St Louis, MO 63101.) You may also attend remotely. Agencies are not required to attend, but it will be a great opportunity to ask questions and learn more about the program.
RSVP here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/asset-grant-informational-meeting-tickets-61871028913?aff=affiliate1
- Grant Informational Meeting: June 5, 2019
- Application Deadline: June 28, 2019
- Final Award Approval and Agency Notification: July 12, 2019
- Participant enrollment: July-August 2019
- Financial Education classes, credit counseling and ASSET Check-In: September – November 2019
- Final Program and Expense Report Due: January 3, 2020
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email the application along with any relevant attachments to Ingrid Deetz at Ingrid.email@example.com.
Downtown St. Louis (Main Office)
910 N. 11th Street
St. Louis, MO 63101-1018
USA: Illinois: Madison County and St. Clair County; Missouri: St. Louis City, St. Louis County, Jefferson County, St. Charles County