Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation for Monterey County (CFMC)
07/26/19 5:00 PM
Grants to Monterey County, California nonprofit organizations for outreach and education efforts that promote participation in the census among populations that are difficult to count. Funding is intended to ensure that all residents are included in the 2020 Census. Priority during the current round of pooled funding will be given to organizations focused on the education phase, which includes media and outreach efforts.
Hard-to-count populations are some of the most vulnerable, including low-income communities, immigrants, indigenous communities, the homeless, people of color, and children ages 0-5. In addition, most questionnaires will be collected online, making it difficult for households that lack digital access to participate
Application should include specific target populations and plans to educate and encourage participation in the 2020 census. Examples of possible activities include, but are not limited to:
- Education events or workshops for members of hard-to-count communities to learn about the 2020 census, the risks of an incomplete county, and the importance of participating in the census.
- Door-to-door canvassing to encourage households to complete the census form.
- Technical assistance for nonprofit organizations that are helping communities complete the census forms
- Census Ambassador Centers: questionnaire assistance centers set-up in locations identified as trusted spaces that are within census tracts and blocks with the highest rates of hard-to-count populations
- Language access to support the language access needs for HTC populations
- Innovative strategies
GrantWatch ID#: 186389
The Foundation expects to grant $45,000 from the Census 2020 Fund to fund projects that address its priorities. Additionally, CFMC will be regranting approximately $240,000 from the State of California.
Grants will be awarded for a 12-month grant period.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://www.grantinterface.com/Common/LogOn.aspx?eqs=fiaADTHDZeaEvxl76l9UUg2
For questions, contact:
Erika Matadamas, Grantmaking
Christine Dawson, Fundraising
Community Foundation for Monterey County
2354 Garden Road
Monterey, CA 93940
945 South Main Street, Suite 207
Salinas, CA 93901
USA: California: Monterey County