Foundation / Corporation
Watersheds United Vermont (WUV) and White River Partnership (WRP)
12/03/19 - For project requests over $20,000; project requests under $20,000 will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Grants to Vermont watershed groups and partner organizations to design and implement clean water projects. A Pre-Application Questionnaire is required prior to submission of the full proposal. Eligible partner organizations include nonprofit organizations, municipalities, state agencies, natural resources conservation districts, colleges and universities, hospitals, and schools. Funding is intended to support projects that reduce nutrient and sediment pollution and may provide other water quality benefits, in addition.
WUV received a Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) Design and Implementation Block Grant (Block Grant) to distribute funds to watershed groups and partner organizations for design and implementation of clean water projects. Block Grant funds are for projects that primarily reduce nutrient and/or sediment pollution; a project may reduce other pollutants such as bacteria or chloride and/or provide other water quality benefits, but only if they are secondary benefits.
1. Projects that will lead to improved water quality with the primary purpose of nutrient and/or sediment reduction
2. Projects that fall into one of the following four categories:
3. Preliminary Design and/or Final Design and/or Project Implementation
4. Projects identified/prioritized in a Tactical Basin Plan, River Corridor Plan, Stormwater Master Plan, or other strategic assessment and must be in (or added to) the Watershed Projects Database
Block Grant funds can be used for:
1. Projects that address the new 3-acre stormwater permit compliance if:
2. Road projects if:
GrantWatch ID#: 187235
Estimated Total Program Funding: At least 50% of the Block Grant funds ($250,000) will be used for projects under $20,000.
All project work and reporting must be complete by October 31, 2021.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Both the Pre-Application Questionnaire and the full Application are to be emailed to Lynn Munno, WUV Director, at:
Watersheds United Vermont
Christian Pelletier, Program Coordinator
White River Partnership