Grants of up to $25,000 to Indiana local government agencies, communities, destination marketing organizations, and chambers of commerce for tourism promotion and development. Funding is intended to strengthen local economies and communities by improving, expanding, and promoting the tourism industry. Potential projects include park benches, pole banners, community gateway signage, water towers, overpass transformations, and more.
The goals of the Placemaking Activation Grant are to:
Create Instagrammable experiences in high-visibility areas of Indiana.
Generate activations of the IN Indiana campaign to tie Indiana communities together as a cohesive destination
Add to the beauty of Indiana’s rural, urban, and suburban landscapes.
The majority of expenses should go to the actual creation of the artwork. Eligible expenses include:
Entities eligible to apply are municipalities, counties, communities, destination marketing organizations, and chambers of commerce.
The lead applicant on each project must be property owner of the proposed location and provide written approval to use the space, including assurance that the project will be unobstructed and preserved for a period of 10 years or until permission for redevelopment is granted by IDDC.
- Administration expenses associated with project development and implementation
- Food or Alcohol
- Travel, including but not limited to, mileage reimbursement, lodging, per diem
- General office supplies and equipment
- Expenses not directly related to the project
- January 4, 2023: Call For Applications
- March 17, 2023: Application Deadline (4 p.m. ET)
- March 31, 2023: Announcement of Award Recipients
- October 31, 2023: Deadline for Project Completion
Applicants must be registered as a bidder/vendor with the Indiana Department of Administration (IDOA) Supplier Division BEFORE applying.