Being a teacher is one of the most important jobs in the world. Not only are teachers directly responsible for shaping the minds of today’s youth, but they also give students the confidence and skills they need to succeed.
Without these wonderful leaders, students wouldn’t have the resources they need to learn about the world around them. However, many educators are underpaid or do not have the funding they need to do their work to the best of their ability.
GrantWatch is committed to helping teachers and schools get the funding they need. For this reason, GrantWatch lists many grants, both for teachers and for educational programs. Included are a variety of grants that help financially support teachers, school systems and students. Today, GrantWatch is sharing some of the top teacher grants and awards currently available.
Grants and Awards for K-12 Educators
- There are in-kind grants of essential school supplies for teachers in underserved schools.
- Grants to educators employed by schools and nonprofits to enhance learning for PreK-12 students.
- There are also grants to teachers in grades 6-12 at public and nonprofit private schools to enhance STEM learning. STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math-related subject matter.
- Additionally, grants of up to $125 and in-kind pet store discounts are available to PreK-9 teachers to teach about pet care.
- Finally, in-kind grants are available to elementary and middle school educators to access an online math program produced by the funding source.
Funding for College Educators affiliated with an IHE (Institution for Higher Education) or University
- In-kind support is available to IHE faculty to receive surplus laboratory equipment for energy-related programs.
- Grants of up to $5,000 for professional learning and career development are also offered to public school and IHE teachers, specialized instructional support personnel (SISP), education support professionals (ESPs) and groups of educators.
- Award of $500 to a university or college educator is available to recognize exceptional contributions to journalism education.
- In addition, grants of $750 are available to K-12 teachers, community college faculty members and community college students to support participation in the earth science disciplines.
- Finally, grants are available to educators, administrators and personnel at schools, juvenile facilities and IHEs for projects to address the needs of students. Funding in schools can be for projects that promote social justice at the classroom, school or district level.
Grant News Notes
Looking for similar grants? GrantWatch has a grant category specifically for teachers. The site also has a category for education grants, including grants for Preschool, Elementary Education, Secondary Education and Higher Education. With close to 8,000 grants currently available, GrantWatch.com is the leading grant listing directory. A MemberPlus+ subscription is required to view full grant details, including eligibility criteria and application information. For more information, you can also visit the GrantWatch FAQ page.