Before the arrival of settlers to the Americas, Native (or Indigenous) Americans lived all over the land. Their contributions to this country are vast. From their agricultural innovations to their role in medicine and engineering, the Native Americans have been a crucial part of the world we live in.
Important Contributions of the Native Americans
- Baby Bottles
- Sun Screen
- Pain Relievers
Native American Day
On September 23, the United States celebrates Native American Day. The day pays homage to the Native American culture, as well as all the struggles the community has faced.
In honor of the day, GrantWatch.com is also sharing some of the top grants available for Native American tribes. These grants include funding for healthcare, technology, housing, and education projects.
10 Grants for Native American Tribes
- Firstly, there are grants to USA tribes and nonprofits affiliated with tribes to promote awareness of domestic violence, dating violence, and family violence, and to provide supportive services to victims.
- There are also grants available to USA nonprofits and Native American tribes for programs to benefit troubled and at-risk youth.
- USA Indian Tribes and housing entities can apply for grants to promote affordable and safe housing on Indian reservations and other Indian areas.
- Funding is available for USA nonprofits, agencies, Native American Tribes, and IHEs to create opportunities for public access to historical resources.
- There are also grants available to USA nonprofits, agencies, and tribes, in multiple states, to reduce the risk of wildfires.
- Technical and financial assistance is available to USA governmental and tribal agencies to protect land and infrastructure following a natural disaster.
- Funding is also available to USA and territories Tribes to employ volunteer staff to address critical community needs.
- Grants are open to USA tribes, government agencies, and nonprofits including schools and IHEs for projects that benefit Native nations and people.
- Additionally, grants are available to USA tribal governments and tribal organizations for programs to develop Native American and Alaska Native communities.
- Finally, there are grants available to USA tribal governments for economic development in Native Communities.
Are you looking for more grants like this? GrantWatch features many categories that can help with funding for critical projects and initiatives for native communities. Some of these categories include:
Also, make sure to sign up for a paid subscription to GrantWatch. By doing so, you and your organization can receive access to more than 8,000 grants for nonprofits, small businesses, and individuals. This includes full eligibility criteria, contact information for grant funders, and application links.