National Moon Day is celebrated on July 20. On this date in 1969, the crew of Apollo 11 landed on the moon. Neil Armstrong, along with Buzz Aldrin, became the first men to walk on the moon. As Armstrong said, “that’s one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.”
With this holiday in mind, we at GrantWatch present grants related to space studies:
1) Fellowships to U.S. doctoral scientists for the implementation of independent scientific research projects. Funding is intended for early-career scientists to implement independent education and research projects. The purpose of the project is to provide researchers in the fields of astronomy and astrophysics with opportunities for experiences that will establish them in positions of distinction and leadership in the scientific community. Deadline: 10/15/21
2) Grants of $500 to U.S. educators for classroom projects and lessons related to aviation. Eligible applicants are private, charter and public school K-12 teachers, homeschooling cooperatives and STEM coordinators. Grant funds may be used to defray the costs of transportation, field trips, materials or to fund another type of project with an aviation or aerospace theme. Deadline: 8/31/21
3) Grants of up to $500 to Wyoming K-12 STEM educators for professional development opportunities. Eligible uses of funds include hosting events and activities, attending seminars and workshops, purchasing materials for in-classroom and out-of-school educational settings, continuing educations opportunities and other related activities. Deadline: Ongoing
4) Grants of up to $5,000 to Ohio faculty members at institutions of higher education to create new and innovative STEM curricula. Funding is intended to enhance STEM education in disciplines related to aerospace and space exploration. Preference will be given to curriculum development projects that may be shared with other schools. Deadline: Ongoing
5) Grants of up to $1,000 to Ohio K-12 teachers to support innovative projects in the STEM fields, with a particular emphasis on aerospace-related activities. Funding is intended to support the purchase of supplies and materials as well as for field trips that are integral to the project. Deadline: Ongoing
When locating funding opportunities, GrantWatch is the leading grant search engine and database. If you do not have an in-house grant writer, don’t have the time to locate grants, or are not comfortable with writing an application yourself, we recommend GrantWriterTeam.com to hire skilled and expert grant professionals.