10 Higher Education Grants for Universities and IHEs
Institutions of Higher Education or universities not only provide students with an education, but they are also responsible for strengthing the workforce and are hubs for science, innovation, and research. This can mean research projects, educational initiatives, and programs that improve the diversity and equity within the education ecosystem.
In the United States, there are currently more than 5,000 universities. Many of these universities are in need of funding to continue the important work they are doing, and a lot of these colleges rely on grants to get this funding. GrantWatch has many grants for IHEs to fund research programs and other initiatives.
June 6th is National Higher Education Day. And in honor of the day, GrantWatch will be sharing 10 higher education grants that are currently available.
10 Higher Education Grants to Improve University Programs
- Cooperative agreements with nonprofits and for-profits, government agencies, IHEs, and tribes for innovative initiatives that prevent and reduce crime.
- Grants to states, local governments, IHEs, school districts, tribes, public agencies, and nonprofit organizations to improve school safety.
- There are also grants to IHEs for scholarship programs for students studying cybersecurity. Funding is to increase the number of people entering the workforce with these qualifications.
- Grants are available to nonprofits and institutions of higher education to provide professional development for students and professionals in STEM fields. The purpose of the program is to encourage the students and professionals to become K-12 teachers in high-need school districts.
- Cooperative agreements are available to a private or public institution of higher education for research centers to address substance abuse.
- Grants are open to IHEs for biomedical research projects to engage undergraduate students, particularly those from typically underrepresented backgrounds, in small-scale research.
- In addition, there are grants to higher education institutions to assist with daycare services for children of low-income students.Funding is to support programs that encourage the participation of low-income parents in postsecondary education through the provision of campus-based child care services.
- Grants to institutes of higher education for research related to environmental engineering and sustainability. Funding is to help develop responses to pressing environmental challenges.
- In-kind support to U.S. faculty at IHEs to receive surplus laboratory equipment for energy-related programs. Faculty may receive a wide range of equipment and training apparatuses, including but not limited to amplifiers, oscilloscopes, mass spectrometers, and power supplies.
- Lastly, there are grants to nonprofits, government agencies, IHEs, and tribes to strengthen humanities programming.
Looking for more grants like this? GrantWatch has an entire category for higher education grants. This category includes more than 1,000 grants available for universities and IHEs. GrantWatch also has a category for research/evaluation grants as well.
Also, make sure to sign up for a paid subscription to GrantWatch. By doing so, you and your organization can receive access to more than 8,000 grants for nonprofits, small businesses, and individuals. This includes full eligibility criteria, contact information for grant funders, and application links.
You must log in to post a comment.