I will always say this, but all Americans owe massive gratitude to our armed forces. These brave men and women step up to ensure that our country and all Americans are safe. And, the number of sacrifices that veterans have made is countless. And unfortunately, some have made the ultimate sacrifice. For so many reasons, it’s essential to ensure that veterans can receive proper services.
But now some stop-gaps need to be addressed. In areas like housing, mental health, and employment, nonprofits can play an essential role in helping returning veterans transition back to civilian life. That’s why we’re so proud to have a grant category dedicated exclusively to Veteran grants. And because there are so many, I’m am sharing 10 veteran-related grants that may be of interest to our subscribers.
Veteran-related Grants That Can Make a Difference
Veteran homelessness has been a growing problem for much too long. However, pre-pandemic those numbers had started to fall. Between 2018 and 2019, veteran homelessness fell 2.1%. And, as many as 11,000 veterans found housing through a program implemented through the U.S Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Here are three grants related to housing or homelessness:
- A grant for New York Nonprofits For Legal Services & Housing Programs
- And grants to USA and Puerto Rico Nonprofits for Projects that Benefit Homeless Veterans
- Plus, Grants to USA Active Military Personnel and Veterans to Support the Purchase of a House
On average, veterans have higher GPA’s (3.39) and higher levels of college completion (53%) compared to the general population. So, here are two grants for assistance relating to education:
- A scholarship listed that for Active Military Personnel or Veterans Pursuing An STEM Degree
- Also, a Grant for USA Nonprofits To Go Towards Education Initiatives:
Unfortunately, many veterans may experience physical and mental health issues as a result of trauma resulting from their service. This may include post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, and traumatic brain injury. So, these two grants relate to medical care or health related initiatives:
- There’s Grants For USA Nonprofits To Support Medical Services For Veterans:
- And also, Grants to USA First Responders, Military Personnel, and Veterans with Disabilities for Sports Programs
These three grants are for direct financial assistance for anything that can help a veteran or military family get financially ahead:
- There are Grants to USA Families of Eligible Military Veterans to Relieve Extreme Financial Hardship
- And, Grants to USA Veteran-Owned Businesses for a Business Development Program
- And, this program for In-Kind Donations of Specially-Designed Mortgage-Free Houses to USA Severely-Injured Veterans Program
All of these grant programs work to help veterans receive help and the services that they need. We hope that more nonprofits apply for grants like these, so that they can provide these essential services. We also hope that more grants will be made available. And, we will continue to research, list and share these grants as more are announced.
If you have any questions about these grants or any others listed on our site, feel free to reach out! You can reach our customer-support team at 561-249-4129.