Are you a small business owner looking for grants? Currently, there are more than 1,000 business (for-profit) grants available. There is no limit to how many grants you can apply for through GrantWatch.com. However, make sure to check the eligibility before applying. Each grant has different eligibility criteria, and no two grants are the same.
11 Grants That Could Help Your Business
1) Do you have a project that improves the sustainability of waterways or the wildlife directly affected by them? Businesses that support hands-on projects in local communities could be eligible for in-kind donations and grants of up to $5,000.
2) Are you a Latina business owner? In-kind services and grants of $2,500 are available to support Jefa-owned restaurants, bodegas, and carnicerías.
3) Are you a female business entrepreneur? In-kind support plus grants up to $500 are now open to women entrepreneurs to support the improvement, expansion, and strengthening of businesses that impact families, girls, and women.
4) Do you have a recycling facility? Grants are available specifically for material recovery facilities. If your recycling facility needs to expand its ability to process and sort its collection, you could be awarded up to $500,000.
5) Need money for business expenses? Small businesses could receive $500 to offset the negative financial impact of the COVID pandemic. This funding can be used for ongoing business expenses or to help businesses care for their employees.
6) Grants of $2,500 are available to business owners to expand their business. This grant is also inclusive of in-kind services such as accounting, reporting, incorporation, and registered agent services.
7) Was your business negatively impacted by the pandemic? If you’re a small business owner and in need of help due to the impacts of COVID, you can request how much you are in need of and submit your application online.
8) Black female business owners can apply for in-kind services and grants to help foster growth in their businesses.
Mentorships, accelerators, and programs:
9) Black business owners are also invited to participate in a business accelerator. Successful applicants have the opportunity to receive financial support, business guidance and mentorship, and marketing and promotional support.
10) Want to learn how to increase your business? Applications are now open for small businesses to participate in a mentorship program, which includes the opportunity to receive financial assistance and mentorship.
11) Veteran business owners can apply to participate in a business development program. The program is intended to assist veterans with successful reintegration into civilian life by providing them with coaching and tools for growth.
Looking for More Grants?
Visit GrantWatch.com to see the full directory of current business grants available. Be sure to select your state from the location dropdown menu, even if you service nationwide!
Some popular categories include Workforce, Coronavirus COVID-19, and Small Business. Even if you are unable to locate any suitable grants right now, don’t be discouraged! GrantWatch adds new grants each week, so checking back on a regular basis is beneficial.
Most grants will require that you have been in business for at least 12 months and will request your most recent tax return. Finding grants for startups can be more difficult to locate, as they can be very specific. Secondly, remember that grants are not usually to keep your business afloat or to pay outstanding debt. Rather, grants are for programs, services, and activities that help to benefit the community. If you are new to grants, watch this video.
The grant industry can seem complex and overwhelming for those who have never applied for a grant before. Our advice is to start with in-kind grants or grants with smaller award amounts (under $10,000). Once you have a few awarded grants under your belt, it will be easier to receive a grant with a higher funding amount.
For more information, you can also visit the GrantWatch FAQ page. We wish you the best of luck with your grant-seeking!