Are you a small business owner looking for grants? It may surprise you to know that there are currently over 1,000 grants available in the USA. Business grants are also known as for-profit grants. The best prospect about grants is that there is no limit to how many you can apply for. However, you do need to meet the criteria from the grant funder, so make sure you are eligible before applying.
Here are 11 Grants That Could Benefit Your Business:
1) Are you a small marine technology company? Grants of up to $25,000 and in-kind support are available if you’re willing to relocate to Nova Scotia, Canada.
2) Are you an individual willing to relocate to and work remotely in Tulsa, Oklahoma? You could be awarded grants of $10,000 and in-kind support.
3) Nebraska child care providers could apply for a $500 grant. This funding is for training, curriculum materials, and developmentally appropriate toys to improve the quality of the care provided.
4) Looking for assistance in expanding or starting a new business? Grants of up to $2,000 are available to businesses in Urbana, Illinois.
5) Is your Florida business offering employment? If you’re located in a distressed, urban inner-city, rural area, or brownfield site, you can apply for grant funding.
6) Grants of up to $10,000 are available to small businesses in the City of Fort Pierce, Florida. This funding is to help new businesses in the historic district, as well as relocate existing businesses to the area.
7) New and existing South Dakota businesses, can apply for grants to support and enhance operations. This funding is intended to defray the costs associated with relocating or expanding operations and/or upgrading equipment.
8) Massachusetts businesses may be eligible for a $30,000 grant for enrolling workers in eligible training courses.
9) In-kind legal support services are available to Black-owned Florida businesses in the hospitality industry. While there is no cash award, these services can save startups and businesses thousands of dollars.
10) Yukon individuals and businesses can apply for a $5,000 grant. This funding is for training and workforce development within the tourism industry.
11) Businesses in DPBIA of Long Beach, California, can apply for a grant of up to $1,500. This funding is for recovery due to damage or theft that occurred any time after May 30, 2020.
Didn’t see your location listed or find a grant to match your needs?
View the full database with all the current and active grants available at GrantWatch.com. Make sure you select your state from the location dropdown menu, even if you service nationwide! Some popular categories include Workforce, Coronavirus COVID-19, and Small Business. Even if you are unable to locate any suitable grants right now, don’t be discouraged! New grants are released and added each week, so checking back on a regular basis is beneficial.
Keep in mind, that most grants will require that you have been in business for at least 12 months and request your most recent tax return. Finding grants for startups can be more difficult to locate, as they can be very specific. Secondly, keep in mind that grants are not usually to keep your business afloat or to pay for wages. Rather, grants are issued for programs, services, and activities that help to benefit the community.
The grant industry can seem complex and be overwhelming for those who have never applied for a grant before. Our advice is to start with the smaller grants first as these tend to have a simpler application process. Once you have a few awarded grants under your belt, it will be easier to receive a grant with a higher funding amount. For more information, you can also visit the GrantWatch FAQ page. We wish you the best of luck with your grant-seeking!