Celebrities are opening their checkbooks and making large donations to nonprofits, small businesses, and individuals. While some of the Celebrities use their businesses to help support their local communities, others have offered financial support to various organizations like No Kid Hungry, and Feeding America.
- Angelina Jolie gave No Kid Hungry $1 million to provide meals for children facing food insecurity.
- Beyoncé’s charitable initiative, BeyGood, teamed up with Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey’s philanthropic organization, #startsmall, to donate US$6 million towards Covid-19 relief.
- Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher are donating 100% of the proceeds from their new ‘COVID-19’ wine business (Quarantine Wine) to a number of organizations focused on getting PPE into the US, feeding kids, supporting those who have lost their jobs, and aiding businesses in distress.
- Rihanna’s nonprofit organization, The Clara Lionel Foundation, has given $5 million in grants to Direct Relief, Partners In Health, Feeding America, the International Rescue Committee, and World Health Organization’s COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund. These grants will go towards helping members of underserved communities fight Coronavirus.
- Pink – who tested positive for coronavirus – has now pledged US$1 million in support of the fight against Covid-19. $500,000 will go to the Temple University Hospital Emergency Fund, and the remaining $500,000 will be donated to the City of Los Angeles Mayor’s Emergency Covid-19 Crisis Fund.
PlatrowDonated $100,000 to Frontline Responders Fund.
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds are splitting their $1 million
donationbetween Food Banks Canada and Feeding America.
- Rapper and record exec Birdman helped the cause by paying the rent of some New Orleans residents.
- Post Malone’s Shaboink brand has teamed up with Direct Relief to donate 40,000 N95 masks to help keep front-line workers safe during the pandemic.
- Watsky has raised more than $106,000 for Sweet Relief’s COVID-19 Fund, which is providing financial assistance for musicians and industry workers impacted by the pandemic.
How are you helping? May I suggest starting a fundraising campaign to help a cause close to your heart? You may do so on Youhelp.com