Are you a researcher, scientist, artist, or educator? If so, you may have a chance at earning a grant to increase your opportunities and chances for success. The pandemic has been tough for individuals trying to pursue their dreams, but don’t give up yet. Grants for individuals can help you get back on your feet and give you the push you need to succeed.
GrantWatch has grants split up into three main categories: grants for nonprofits, grants for small businesses, and grants for individuals. While the majority of the grants are for nonprofits, there are many grants for individuals in specific fields. These fields include anything that has a positive impact on communities, including art, music, education, science, medicine, and many others.
Furthermore, many individuals who have purchased a subscription on GrantWatch, have had success in earning grants. As a MemberPlus+ subscriber, it is much easier to search for grants that you are eligible for. You will be able to view the full grant description, contact information needed to apply to grants, as well as the eligibility requirements for the grant of your interest.
Here are 15 grants listed on GrantWatch that are currently accepting applications from specific individuals:
Grants for Artists
- Grants to individuals in the arts or entertainment industry for urgent financial assistance.
- Additionally, there are grants of $30,000 to artists for live performance projects.
- There are also grants of up to $30,000 to artists to support creative work.
Grants for Researchers
- Fellowships to scholars to work on research projects and writing in the fields of behavioral, economic, political, and social sciences.
- Grants of up to $20,000 for researchers to encourage diverse participation in autism research.
- There are also grants to university faculty members for scientific research on astronomy, physics, and chemistry that will add to fundamental scientific knowledge.
Grants for Educators
- Grants of up to $1,000 to K-5 teachers for creative educational programming by introducing original project-based learning ideas.
- There is also an opportunity for full-time public and public charter school educators, to obtain funding for classroom projects that benefit students.
- In addition, there are grants to teachers of grades 6-9 to support participation in a STEM competition with their students.
Grants for Veterans
- In-kind grants of specially adapted custom housing to U.S. veterans to accommodate severe injuries they sustained while in service to the country.
- Grants of up to $1,500 to military service members, veterans, or dependents who are undergoing unexpected financial hardship.
- There are also grants of up to $10,000 to military veterans and active-duty personnel who have disabilities due to their service for home adaptations and repairs.
Grants for Scientists
- Award of $5,000 to individual scientists, engineers, or organization to recognize outstanding contributions to the field of science and to society.
- Fellowship to an individual emerging scientist for research studies related to plants and organismal plant biology.
- Prizes of $50,000 are also available to scientists employed at qualified institutions to recognize excellence in scientific fields.
In addition, watch this tutorial video below to learn how to begin your grant-searching process for the best results.