As the global response to COVID-19 intensifies, many creative entrepreneurs and workers are facing increased financial difficulties. There have been increased budget cuts, and social distancing policies are adversely affecting anyone depending on face-to-face interactions for income. The creative industry has suffered, but thankfully, the financial difficulties artists are facing have been noticed by a fast-growing group of organizations that are mobilizing resources for artists affected by COVID-19.
It can sometimes be overwhelming for creatives to complete the often time-consuming efforts involved with grant research. That’s why we at GrantWatch.com compiled a list of resources to support the creative community of designers, illustrators, performing artists, visual artists, writers, and musicians.
If you’ve lost work, have been hit with a medical emergency, or are worried about keeping the (virtual) doors of your business open, here are some options to get the financial support you need.
As of today, there are 1,825 grants for arts and culture listed on GrantWatch.com.
- Grants to USA, Canada, and International entertainment-industry workers for support during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) health crisis. Funding is intended to help offset financial losses incurred due to the cancellation or postponement of concerts, tours, and festivals originally scheduled to take place in July, August, or September 2020.
- Grants of $5,000 to individual artists for urgent financial support during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) health crisis. Funding is intended to assist artists who are experiencing severe financial setbacks due to the pandemic.
- Grants of $3,000 to USA artists for urgent needs due to emergencies, including Coronavirus (COVID-19). Funding is intended to provide immediate assistance to artists who have faced unforeseen events that have negatively impacted their ability to exhibit, produce, and market their artwork.
- This Grants of up to $20,000 is for USA, Canada, and International literary publishers and theater organizations for the translation of Canadian dramatic or literary works.
- Grants to USA and Canada music industry workers and musicians for financial assistance during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Grants of up to $1,000 to USA individuals for urgent needs. Funding is intended to support individuals who work in the music industry and who are unable to work due to the COVID-19 crisis.
- Grants to USA performing arts and entertainment professionals for emergency financial assistance.
- Grants of up to $35,000 to USA and Japan nonprofit organizations, NGOs, and individuals to encourage connection and engagement during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- Grants for USA, Canada, and International visual journalists and professional photographers for projects that promote peace and affect positive change.
- Grants of $2,000 to USA and territories artists to mitigate losses due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Funding is intended to provide support to artists who have experienced the cancellation or postponement of exhibitions or performances.
- Grants of up to $15,000 to USA and territories individual professional artists, ensembles, and nonprofit organizations to support participation in live or virtual performances at international venues.
- Grants of up to $65,000 to USA, Canada, and International scholars and writers in the social sciences, humanities, or arts for a three to nine-month residency.
October is National Arts & Humanities Month (NAHM), so, the research team at GrantWatch.com will be doing it’s best to find grants for those in the arts and culture industry. Please, check back often to see the new grants posted in this category.