Foundation / Corporation
The Blue Foundation for a Healthy Florida, Inc.
09/10/10 5:00 PM
Grants ranging up to $100,000 awarded to promote a healthy Florida. Grants are strategically awarded to diverse, philanthropic, community-based solutions that: Improve program capacity and reduce barriers to access; Nurture community health leadership to reinforce local solutions, foster innovation and sustain quality; and
Leverage financial, human and other resources to maximize measurable impact.
IMPACT Health Care grants are rich in diversity, from mobile clinics to provide health care to children, to training physicians on women's heart disease symptoms, to improving the lives of Hispanics with diabetes. These grants educate, train and improve the lives of individuals and families throughout Florida.
The current focus for the IMPACT Health Care grants program is on community-based health clinics and outreach programs.
Within the community health clinic arena, we prefer to focus funding on:
•Philanthropic, innovative approaches to health care education, awareness and training programs, especially those that have a grassroots or community outreach component;
•Demonstration and/or research projects that attempt to find a new way to deliver health care or to increase access to health care services for the uninsured and underserved;
•Projects that use innovative techniques or use collaborative methods to address a specific problem in a geographic area or target population.
We will consider funding for:
•Direct health care services, but must not serve as a replacement for insurance reimbursements or as a supplement to insurance reimbursements from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida.
•General operating support alone or capital campaigns, but this is not a priority area.
•Equipment and supply purchases within proposals.
GrantWatch ID#: 123820
$10,000 - $100,000
Organizations recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit and/or public agencies, including state and local governments (for example, health departments). A public entity may serve as a fiscal agent for a charitable organization or be part of a coalition or consortium applying for funding.
If you have questions about your organization's eligibility, please contact us at 1-800-477-3736, ext. 63215, or email@example.com .
The online application form walks you through the submission process. Before you begin, we suggest the following steps:
1. Check your Internet Browser to make sure it is compatible with The Blue Foundation Online Grant Application. The following are compatible: Internet Explorer 7.0 (for PC); Safari 2.0 (for Mac); Mozilla Firefox 2.0.
2. Enable cookies: The Blue Foundation online applications place a cookie on your computer to enable the \"Save and Finish Later\" functionality. Please check the user\'s manual for your Internet browser to enable cookies if you receive an error message.
3. Know your Employer Identification Number (EIN)/Tax ID. It is required to submit the application. If your organization is new, please contact us at 1-800-477-3736, ext. 63215, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Review the Guidelines, Mission and Guiding Principles and focus of our grantmaking.
5. Review the Application Overview and gather all of your attachments.
6. Download to your computer the Attachment forms and read the instructions. Full instructions for uploading completed attachments are included in the online application form.
The Blue Foundation for a Healthy Florida prefers to receive electronic grant applications through our online application form. If you cannot complete an online application, please contact the foundation at 1-800-477-3736, ext. 63215, or email@example.com.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
The Blue Foundation
1-800-477-3736, ext. 63215