Baltimore Office of Sustainability
Grants for up to $50,000 to facilitate energy efficiency in Baltimore. The overall goal of the funding agency is to provide community groups with technical assistance and financial resources needed to reduce energy use. The purpose of this funding opportunity is to support the implementation of recommended energy saving upgrades and retrofits to organizations' facilities and/or equipment. Results of a third-party energy audit and/or feasibility study including analysis of projected energy savings must accompany proposals for upgrades or retrofits.
Proposals for upgrades and retrofits may include:
• Installation of insulation;
• Installation of efficient lighting,
• HVAC upgrades,
• High efficiency shower/faucet upgrades,
• Weather sealing,
• Purchase and installation of Energy Star appliances,
• Replacement of doors and windows, and
• Installation of solar powered, high efficiency appliances (this is different than renewable energy generation devices such as photovoltaic panels).
GrantWatch ID#: 125211
Up to $50,000
If your grant request is $25,000 or more, please explain how certified minority and women-owned business enterprises will be involved in the execution of the project. A list of certified minority/women business enterprises can be found at http://cityservices.baltimorecity.gov/mwboo.