Foundation / Corporation
The Womens Fund
Grants ranging from $5,000 to $25,000 for non-profit organizations that provide innovative programs for women and girls in Alabama. The purpose of this funding is to support programs that encourage economic security and self-sufficiency for females. The foundation seeks to create healthier communities by removing barriers to self-sufficiency and maximizing the full potential of women and girls.
There are five types of grant proposals available:
1. Program Grants to support existing programs or to start new programs
2. Planning grants to develop new programs or to modify existing programs
3. Collaboration grants to provide funding to bring together groups in collaborative projects that will yield greater impact than the groups would be able to achieve on their own
4. Evaluation grants to evaluate the impact on women and girls of an existing or new program that meets the funding criteria
5. Research grants to support social sciences research on issues impacting women and girls in our community. Requests for research funding will be considered if the research will have a direct application to implementing a program to address the root causes of a problem or to create social change around an issue.
Preference will be given to organizations that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Ability to leverage funds
-Potential to be replicated across Central Alabama
- Gender-relevance to meet specific needs of women and girls
GrantWatch ID#: 125524
Non-profit organizations in the five county metropolitan area: Blount, Jefferson, Shelby, St. Clair, and Walker.
The LOI information can be found on TWFGB website. The Letter of Intent must be e-mailed to Jeanne Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Each organization may only submit one grant proposal during a single grant cycle.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
The Womens Fund
2201 5TH AVE SOUTH, SUITE 110
Jeanne Jackson, President and CEO
Blount, Jefferson, Shelby, St.