Foundation / Corporation
Chicago Foundation for Women: The General, Sophia, and Bayrach Funds
03/05/12 5:00 PM
Grants ranging from $15,000 to $50,000 for eligible Illinois non-profits that provide programs which focus on helping women and girls achieve economic security, secure freedom from violence, and receive greater access to health services and information. The purposes of these grants are to increase resources and opportunities for women and girls in the greater Chicago area and to promote a world in which all women and girls have the opportunities to achieve their potential and live in safe, just, and healthy communities.
Requests and programs ineligible for Foundation funding include:
* for-profit business ventures;
* endowment campaigns;
* capital expenses;
* capital campaigns;
* individual day care center operations; and
* special events or conferences (except as stated under the Strategic Response Fund).
GrantWatch ID#: 126946
Up to $50,000
Applicants ineligible for Chicago Foundation for Women funding include:
* organizations without 501(c)(3) status or without a fiscal agent with 501(c)(3) status;
* organizations or programs based outside the U.S.;
* federal, state, county or city government agencies;
* religious organizations seeking support for projects of a religious purpose;
* public or private schools; and
The letter of inquiry form is due by 5:00 PM on January 18, 2012. New applicants will be invited to submit full proposals on Monday, February 6, 2012. The Letter of Inquiry form must be emailed as a Word document to email@example.com. Please save the document as: [Your Organization Name] Letter of Inquiry.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Questions? Please email Associate Program Officer Meridel Thomson at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (312) 577-2819.
Cook, DuPage, Lake, Kane, McHenry and Will Counties