Foundation / Corporation
North Park University
Awards to recognize outstanding emerging organizations in Illinois. The purpose of the funding opportunity is to encourage continual formation and development of organizations to meet community needs. Applying organizations must demonstrate that they are capable of leadership within their subsector, as well as innovation in their programs and service delivery. While young and small, the awarded organization must practice financial stability, sound management, and must have visions and plans for its future success.
A single organization will be awarded a capacity-building package valued at $50,000. This may include services such as:
- An unrestricted grant of $2,500
- $1,000 in professional development programs from the Axelson Center
- 1 year mentoring by a senior non-profit leader
- A professional attorney will evaluate the organization's internal operations, alerting management to any potential legal or regulatory issues
- A team of highly-experienced consultants will provide a wide-ranging, in-depth organizational assessment to identify key strengths and opportunities, and then develop a strategically-focused capacity-building plan for capitalizing on them and ensuring ongoing progress
GrantWatch ID#: 127273
Organization has been in existence for 10 years or less
Organization budget must not exceed $750,000
Organization must have 10 or less full time staff members
Must serve the Chicago Area
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Chicago Metro area