Foundation / Corporation
McLean County Wellness Coalition
02/27/12 5:00 PM
Grants totaling $4,000 are available for eligible organizations and entities in Illinois that provide health and wellness programs to benefit the community. The purpose of these grants is to reduce chronic disease and improve the overall health of the community through the promotion and adoption of nutrition and physical activity systems, policy and environmental change. Funding will be provided for programs that focus on healthy eating and active living, and fulfill the following specific goals:
A - Community:
(1) Make affordable, healthy food (specifically fruits and vegetables) available in all communities
(2) Establish policies and environmental changes that support and promote physical activity
(3) Develop community gardens or walking paths
(4) Increase access to fresh local foods
B - Workplace:
(1) Develop comprehensive workplace wellness programs and policies that support physical activity
(2) Make healthy food available at the workplace
(3) Promote chronic disease prevention management
(4) Increase stairwell promotion and enhancement
(5) Install bike racks
(6) Make healthy food choices available in vending machines and at meetings
C - School:
(1) (PreK – 12) Enhance comprehensive health education efforts within the classroom, particularly related to physical fitness and nutrition
(2) Promote a healthy school environment before, during, and after school
(3) Enhance PE
(4) Provide access to healthy foods in school settings
D - Healthcare:
(1) Institute policies that support prevention and healthy lifestyles for patients
(2) Make healthy food available and promoted at healthcare organizations
(3) Support comprehensive screenings
(4) Improve referral system
(5) Make healthy food choices available for patients and visitors
GrantWatch ID#: 127336
Two grants of up to $500 will be awarded in each of four sectors: community, workplace, school (PreK – 12), and workplace.
Funds must be used by December 31, 2012.
Applications will be accepted from any organization within these four sectors: community, workplace, K-12 school or healthcare provider.
Organizations that may be eligible include neighborhood associations, townships, local businesses, faith-based organizations, non-profit organizations, schools, licensed child care centers, and clinics.
Applicants must be within McLean County.
Grants will not be made to individuals.
Please submit the application form electronically to email@example.com. Please use your organization's name as the file name and send it as an attachment with your email. You will receive an email to verify that your application was received.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
If you have questions regarding this grant, please send an email to MCWCgrants@gmail.com or call Joe Rodgers at the YMCA at 309-827-6233.