Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro - Women to Women Endowment
05/19/17 11:59 PM
Grants to Greensboro, North Carolina nonprofits for innovative programs that support and help provide women with economic independence and self-sufficiency. An information session will be held on Tuesday, May 2, 2017. Applicants are encouraged to schedule a consultation with program staff prior to applying.
Women to Women is pleased to announce two focus areas for grantmaking in 2017-2018:
1. Economic Independence; and
2. Grants that help support the planning and/or implementation of an initiative that:
- Addresses women’s issues in the community; and/or
- Informs the selection of future grantmaking topics.
1. Organizations seeking grants to address the focus area of economic independence for women and their families will be considered for multi-year support. These requests may be made for a grant of up to $210,000 (to be paid out over a three-year period, e.g., $70,000 per year for three years or a combination of varying amounts over three years). This focus area may include projects that:
- Support women’s progress toward economic self-sufficiency;
- Provide operating support to organizations that are working toward systemic change to increase the likelihood of economic self-sufficiency;
- Address one or more of the range of elements comprising economic independence;
- Assist women in building their capacity to increase income, increase their preparedness for the workplace, and provide economic stability for their families; and/or
- Promote awareness of the issues affecting the economic independence of women and their families.
2. Organizations may instead propose projects that have the potential to inform the Women to Women grantmaking program regarding priorities and grantmaking. Organizations may request “planning grants” or grants to support the implementation of innovative programs. Requests may be for amounts up to $25,000, for a period of up to 1 year.
GrantWatch ID#: 128119
Economic independence grants: up to $210,000
Planning grants: up to $25,000
Economic independence grants are paid out over a three-year period. Planning grants are given for a period of up to 1 year.
Applicants are accepted from local nonprofit organizations serving women and their families in Greensboro, NC.
Applicants are invited to participate in an Information Session on Tuesday, May 2, 2017 (Time: TBD) at The Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro, 330 S. Greene Street, Greensboro, NC 27401, 336.379.9100. Attendees will receive additional information and will be encouraged to discuss ideas for collaboration with fellow participants.
Following the Information Session, applicants are encouraged to schedule a consultation with staff by contacting Ashlee Wiley, Senior Development Officer, using the contact information below.
Letters of Intent are due by 11:59 PM on May 19, 2017. After review by the committee, selected organizations will be asked to submit a full grant application by August, 2017. Final grant decisions will be made in October, 2017.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://www.grantinterface.com/Common/LogOn.aspx?eqs=fiaADTHDZeZZzydxeKjXPw2
Ashlee Wiley, Senior Development Officer
Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro
330 S. Greene St., Suite 100
Greensboro, NC 27401
USA: North Carolina: Greensboro