Harris Fund for Washington County.
Non-profit organizations located in selected areas of the eastern part of the State of Tennessee are eligible to apply for grants for programs and projects that benefit State residents. Areas of focus in this grant opportunity include the following categories: women, children, education, arts and culture, economic development, and the environment.
Grants from the Harris Fund for Washington County will be made to programs and projects that:
· Foster significant results from a moderate grant;
· Develop well-planned approaches to addressing public or community opportunities, problems, or issues;
· Creatively utilize community resources;
· Develop solid bases of support, committed leadership, and personnel with training or skills to carry out the work;
· Meet the needs of the community and its constituents, so that both the current and future residents of Washington County may benefit.
Examples of possible projects:
· Develop an environmental education program for students at Johnson City schools.
· Enhance the self-esteem of young girls with a healthy lifestyles and running program.
· Restore or develop a tour of historically significant landmarks in Washington County.
· Provide art instruction and enrichment programs for children.
· Organize a visitation or home repair program for homebound seniors
GrantWatch ID#: 128260
Projects must occur between October 1, 2012 – October 1, 2014.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Ms. Terry Holley
Senior Vice President for Programs and Regional Development
East Tennessee Foundation
625 Market Street, Suite 1400
Knoxville, TN 37902
Telephone: (865) 524-1223 or toll-free at 1-877-524-1223