Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control
06/22/12 5 PM
Grants of up to $9,000 will be awarded to colleges and universities in Virginia for programming that prevents underage and high-risk drinking amongst college students. Applicants must submit proposals for programs that meet one or more of the following priorities: Programs that are innovative and visionary and have a long lasting impact, ultimately deterring underage use, purchase, possession and sale of alcohol; Programs that establish and encourage partnerships between campus and community organizations to enforce Virginia’s alcohol laws; Programs that enhance and expand collaborative efforts among campus law enforcement or security, local ABC agent(s) and local law enforcement; Programs that discourage of-age providers from supplying alcohol to underage individuals; Programs that educate students about the legal, health, and personal implications of underage consumption and breaking Virginia’s alcohol laws.
Funds may be used for:
• Program planning, development, implementation & coordination
• Overtime law enforcement efforts
• Instructional materials & supplies
• Guest speakers & presentation fees for public events
• ABC College Tour attendance (including travel & lodging)
• Printing, postage & media materials
Proposals should be for projects that are sustainable after the grant period has finished.
Funds may not be used for . . .
• Personnel salaries, FICA & fringe benefits
• Purchasing food & beverages for events
• Stipends & consultant fees
• Graduation parties
• Operating expenses
• Indirect cost or general conference attendance expenditures
• Equipment, supplies & other expenses not directly related to the project
GrantWatch ID#: 128789
Up to $9,000
Funds must be spent by May 31, 2013.
Colleges and universities across the Commonwealth of Virginia.
-Applicants will be notified of grant award or denial with an email by August 31, 2012.
-Disbursement will be in two installments, mailed in August 2012 and January 2013, respectively.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Virginia ABC, Education Section/Operation Undergrad
2901 Hermitage Road
Richmond, VA 23220
Phone: (804) 213-4400