Foundation / Corporation
The Children’s Trust Fund of South Carolina
07/13/12 4:30 PM EST
Grants averaging $40,000 annually for three years (totaling $120,000) to non-profit, faith-based, and public serving organizations that work to successfully prevent child abuse, neglect and unintentional injuries by encouraging healthy, positive relationships between parents and children. Funds may be used for prevention programs that address either of the following priority areas: (1) Parenting Education and Support or (2) Home Visitation.
(1) Parent Education & Support – targeted services to vulnerable families that are at risk of abuse or neglect. These programs will include and demonstrate:
* Delivery of a model that takes place in an individual or group setting
* Use of a set curriculum that is evidence/ research-based and age appropriate
* Opportunities for practice and modeling of appropriate parenting behavior and skills
* Increased knowledge and skills in the area of child rearing, behavior management, child development, and communication
* Social support along with information and referrals to assist parents/caregivers
(2) Home Visitation – family-focused services delivered in the home to expectant parents and families with new babies and young children. These programs will include and demonstrate:
* Delivery of a model that takes place in the home of the participant
* Use of a set curriculum that is designed to individualize the sessions for the needs of the parent and child and is evidence/ research-based and age appropriate
* Use of an evaluation tool that monitors program effectiveness
* Visits that last at least one hour
* Visits that target an at-risk population will include plans for extended support and education
* Interaction with the parent and child together in a modeling situation with the home visitor
* Conducted by trained professionals, paraprofessionals and/or volunteers
* Any staff or volunteer conducting home visits will receive comprehensive training before conducting visits. Training must be continuous throughout the grant year (most programs require a minimum of 16 hours of training).
GrantWatch ID#: 128927
Up to $120,000
Funding will be distributed over three years.
Applicants for Children’s Trust grants are local or statewide public entities or private non-profit organizations meeting the requirements of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
In compliance with federal statutes and recommendations, faith-based organizations are encouraged to apply (based on recommendations from various national, federal, and private faith-based technical assistance providers, Children’s Trust recommends that faith-based organizations applying for funds established a separate 501 (c)(3) entity to receive and maintain federal funds for programs.)
Grant Applications must be received in the Trust's office by 4:30 p.m. EST on Friday, July 13, 2012. There are no exceptions to this deadline. Please hand deliver or send applications via UPS, Federal Express, United States Postal Service – upgraded delivery, Airborne Express, etc. to: 1634 Main Street, Suite 100, Columbia, SC 29201
To access all proposals instructions, see: http://www.scchildren.org/programs/3/cbcap-rfp-forms/
A 25% cash match is required of all grantees in year one. A 35% cash match is required in year two and an 50% cash match is required in year three.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Joan Hoffman, Program Coordinator & COO
1634 Main Street, Suite 100
Columbia, SC 29201
USA: South Carolina