Foundation / Corporation
The Jewish Community Foundation of Los Angeles
Grants of up to $250,000 to Los Angeles, California non-profit organizations and social entrepreneurs that develop and implement new, innovative, and transformational projects and programs that will have a significant, positive impact on the the local Jewish community. (Webinar - October 17th!) The Foundation will consider the following types of high-quality programs:
(A) cutting edge programs that have not been tested previously in any location;
(B) programs that have been piloted in Los Angeles, proved to be viable and are proposed for community-wide implementation;
(C) programs operating elsewhere in the United States that may be suitable for trial replication or adaptation in the Los Angeles area; and
(D)programs developed by a social entrepreneur or group of social activists (where a board of directors and/or nonprofit status have not yet been established), designed to lead to a new charitable organization and partnered in the interim with an appropriate nonprofit fiscal sponsor.
When selecting programs for funding, the Jewish Community Foundation of Los Angeles seeks:
* Programs that offer significant benefits and the capacity to transform the Los Angeles Jewish community
* Programs that are aligned with, and appropriate to, the applicant organization's mission
* Applicants that have substantiated a community need for the proposed program
* Programs with clearly articulated short- and long-term measurable outcomes
GrantWatch ID#: 130669
Up to $250,000 over a 2 or 3 year period.
To participate in The Foundation's Cutting Edge Grants Initiative, you must meet at least one of the following requirements:
* Existing non-profit organization 501(c)(3) or a collaboration of non-profit agencies;
* Social entrepreneur(s) or group of community activists partnered with an appropriate fiscal sponsor.
If you can answer "YES" to ALL of these questions, your program may be eligible for a Cutting Edge Grant:
* Does your organization serve the Los Angeles Jewish community?
* Is your program aligned with the mission of the applicant organization or partnering fiscal sponsor?
* Does your program address a substantiated community need and have the capacity to transform the Los Angeles Jewish community?
* Does your program have unique elements that set it apart from existing programs and make it a cutting edge innovation?
* Does your program fall into one of these categories?
o A program that has not yet been tested in any location
o A program that has been piloted in Los Angeles, proved to be viable and is proposed for community-wide implementation
o A program operating elsewhere in the United States that may be suitable for trial replication or adaptation in the Los Angeles area
o A program that is developed by social entrepreneurs and will lead to a new charitable organization (nonprofit status and/or a board of directors has not yet been established)
The following types of programs and applicants are excluded from consideration for this grant category:
* Individuals, private foundations or endowment programs
* Individual synagogues or day schools
* Organizations awarded a previous Cutting Edge Grant that will not be concluded before the year of the new request
* Ongoing general operating expenses, including fundraising campaigns and existing financial deficits
* Programs based on travel
* Capital projects
* Programs not proposed for implementation in Los Angeles
* Film/documentary projects
If you think you qualify for a Cutting Edge Grant and would like to attend the Grantseekers Webinar on October 17th, please submit the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org (please limit your responses to no more than 3 sentences per bullet below):
* Brief description of your organization with link to website, if applicable
* Brief description of your proposed program
* Aspects of the proposed program that are both cutting edge and set it apart from other similar programs
Application Process and Deadlines:
* Grantseekers Webinar - October 17, 2012
* Concept Paper Due - November 21, 2012
* Selected Concept Papers Invited to Submit Full Application - February 2013
* Full Applications Due - March 2013
* Grant Awards Announced - Summer 2013
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Toll-free: 1-877-ENDOW NOW (1-877-363-6966)
Jewish Community Foundation
6505 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 1200
Los Angeles, California 90048