Foundation / Corporation
The Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels
Grants to Kentucky non-profit organizations that develop and implement new or enhanced innovative programs and services that focus on the following priorities: arts and culture; serving the handicapped and/or truly needy; preservation of documents, history, and environment; educational organizations or programs; humane societies; senior citizen services; day care services; life enrichment services; and scouting and youth programs.
GrantWatch ID#: 131384
• Applicant’s service(s) to be funded by the Honorable Order must be primarily directed to citizens of Kentucky.
• Applicant must document status as 501(c)3
• Grant funds may not be used for salaries, or operational or administrative expenses. Items not eligible include insurance, utilities, rent, travel expenses, advertising, and consultant fees.
• Grant funds may only be used for project(s)/item(s) specified by the Honorable Order in the original grant transmittal letter.
• Excess funds may not be utilized for other purposes and must be returned to the Honorable Order in a timely fashion.
• In general terms, funding is limited to items/projects that “can be seen, felt, or touched”.
How to request an application:
• Application forms will be distributed to qualifying organizations upon receipt of written request. The request must be on the current letterhead of the requesting organization. Requests for application forms for the 2013 funding cycle may be submitted Nov. 1, 2012 – March 29, 2013.
• The request for an application form must state that the requesting organization is 501(c)3.
• Include your email address with the request.
• Only application forms designated for 2013 will be accepted.
The address for the Honorable Order is 1717 Alliant, Ave. Ste. 14 / Louisville, KY 40299
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.