Grants of up to $10,000 to California nonprofit organizations, government agencies, and schools for activities that benefit the public in eligible locations. Funding is intended to support innovative, impactful projects that demonstrate feasibility and measurability. Priority will be given to applications addressing food scarcity, mental health issues, and substance abuse education and prevention. Funded projects must serve residents of Calaveras County.
Funding Priorities - A project that:
Provides a unique and positive impact within Calaveras County
Demonstrates excellent planning and clear feasibility, with reasonable work plans, including benchmarks of performance and means of measuring success
May include collaboration with other Calaveras County agencies or organizations
Does not duplicate existing services or projects
Be designed for the public benefit and serve Calaveras County residents only
Show evidence of non-discriminatory policies in hiring staff and providing services
The applicant must be a not-for-profit 501(c)3, a school or other unit of government.
Funding will not be granted for the following:
- Endowment fund or an annual campaign to retire long-term indebtedness or to a private foundation or other grant-making organizations
- Supports or influences a political purpose (legislation or elections), promotes a specific religion
- Personnel or overhead expenses of any type
Applications will begin to be accepted on July 1, 2023, and must be submitted to CCF via email by Monday, July 31, 2023.
All applicants will be notified by the end of September.
No mailed applications will be accepted.
No more than one application may be submitted per non-profit, school, or unit of government.
- Applications from non-profits must include the signatures of the Executive Director/CEO and the Board Chair/President.
- Applications from schools must be signed by the Teacher and Principal.
- Applications from other units of government must be signed by the organization’s top Administrator or Board Chair.
Estimated Size of Grant
The Foundation will support projects that can be funded, or partially funded, for up to $10,000.
Term of Contract
Projects must be completed within 12 months from notification of award.