Foundation / Corporation
Findlay-Hancock County Community Foundation
10/12/18 4:00 PM, Postmarked or Delivered
Grants to Hancock County, Ohio nonprofit organizations for programs to improve the lives of local residents. Programs should focus on the theme of building strong families. A letter of intent is due August 17, 2018. Funding is not limited to women's causes, but focuses on:
- Responses to urgent and critical need
- Bold new ventures
- New approaches to problems
Grants are normally given as one-time support of a project but may be considered for additional support for expansions or outgrowths of an initial project.
GrantWatch ID#: 134471
The amount available to grant will be announced in September, once all memberships have been received.
HTH welcomes proposals from nonprofit organizations that are tax-exempt under sections 501(c)(3) and 509(a)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code and from governmental agencies serving Hancock County.
If you are applying for a grant under another organization’s 501(c)(3) status, please submit a written statement from that organization’s board president agreeing, on behalf of the board of directors, to act as your organization’s fiscal sponsor, to receive grant monies if awarded and to oversee the proposed project.
HTH will not typically fund the following through these proposals:
- Sponsoring or attending conferences.
- Unnecessary duplication of existing services.
- Requests from individuals.
- Ongoing operating expenses.
- Annual appeals or membership dues.
- Fundraising projects or advertisements; endowment; debt reduction.
- Religious organizations for religious purposes.
- Community services such as police and fire protection.
- Travel for individuals or groups when it is the primary focus of the proposal.
- Staff positions for government agencies.
- Stand-alone books, films or videos.
- Computer equipment.
- Medical research.
- Retroactive programs and projects.
- Partisan political advocacy.
- Capital requests or capital campaigns
- Letter of Intent: Due August 17, 2018 by 4:00 PM.
- Grant Proposal: Due Due October 12, 2018 by 4:00 PM, postmarked or delivered. Full proposals are by invitation only.
- Grant Presentations: On Friday, November 2, 2018, applicants will be asked to present a brief five-minute explanation to the Grants Committee about each proposal. The meeting will be held at The Family Center at 9:00 AM.
- If you are chosen as one of the top proposals, your organization will be asked to present on March 13, 2019.
More information on HTH:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Please email the Letter of Intent to Andrea Reinhart at:
If invited, submit full proposals to:
The Findlay-Hancock County Community Foundation
101 W. Sandusky St., Suite 207
Findlay, OH 45840
For other questions, contact Kimberly (email@example.com) or Brian (firstname.lastname@example.org), or call 419-425-1100.
USA: Ohio: Hancock County