Foundation / Corporation
Durham Community Foundation (DCF)
Grants to Durham Region, Ontario charitable organizations for programs that enhance the quality of life for local residents, as well as for their family and friends. Eligible programs will align with the Foundation's goals: arts and culture, capacity building, education, environment, financial literacy, health and wellness, social development, and youth development:
- Arts and Culture: Fostering and supporting the growth and further development of arts and cultural activities.
- Capacity Building: Establishing strong base for community service, developing or enhancing organizational strategy, or building capacity in our non-profit sector, charitable sector and community.
- Education: Enhancing the quality and accessibility of lifelong learning and educational opportunities for all ages.
- Environment: Supporting and encouraging appreciation and understanding of the environment, and resolving or preventing environmental issues.
- Financial Literacy: Having the knowledge and skills to make responsible economic and financial decisions with confidence.
- Health and Wellness: Promoting and advancing the physical and mental well-being of individuals and families.
- Social Development: Creating caring, safe and supportive environments for healthy social development of families and a variety of community-based groups.
- Youth Development: To support the healthy growth and development of young people.
There are two separate grantstreams:
- Durham Community Foundation Community Fund(s) Grantstream: For projects and programs benefiting residents of the Durham Region.
- Ajax Community Fund Grantstream: For projects and programs benefiting residents of the Town of Ajax specifically.
Projects and/or programs funded by DCF:
- Seed grants to initiate and encourage promising new projects and programs so that they can provide a direct service that benefits the community.
- Benefit a wide audience within Durham Region and involve a substantial number of participants.
- Build on existing community strengths and assets.
- Present an innovative and creative approach to address community concerns.
- Promote cooperation and collaboration across organizations to eliminate duplication of services.
- Promote and build volunteer participation.
- Provide a direct service that benefits the community.
- Strive to have a lasting impact on the local community.
- Strengthen the community’s capacity to care for itself.
GrantWatch ID#: 135541
Historically DCF has granted funds from $500 to $5,000.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit applications via email to info@DurhamCommunityFoundation.ca.
2-157 Harwood Avenue North Box 250
Ajax, Ontario, L1Z 0B6
Fundraising opportunity for USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations to host a jazz concert held in honor of their organization or cause. Applicants must contact the funding source prior to applying. In addition to funds raised through concert ticket sales
Grants of up to $3,000 to USA and Canada nonprofit organizations for projects to protect wildlife and natural habitats. Funding is intended for campaigns to save specific species and ecosystems. Eligible activities include public policy work, litigation, advocacy, and d
Grants to USA and Canada individuals and families with low-income for financial assistance. Types of assistance include financial support to offset emergency expenses or to cover the cost of regular monthly bills. Funding is intended for workers and households that are
Grant of $9,000 to a USA, Canada, or International early-career psychologist for child psychology research projects. The purpose of the program is for research and demonstration projects that foster an understanding of the relationship between self-identity and scholast
In-kind grants of software and training to USA, Canada, and International educators. The purpose of this program is to give teachers access to educational software that will help their students practice and master math facts. Grantees may use the software with one class
Grants and loans of up to $30,000 to Ontario commercial building and property owners and commercial tenants in eligible locations for economic development. Funding is intended to enhance, build, and remediate commercial properties in the qualified downtown area. Applica
Grants to Ontario elementary and high schools in eligible areas for programs to encourage healthy eating and increase the consumption of fruits and vegetables. Funding is intended to support educational projects at home, school, and in local communities throughout the P
Grants ranging from $750 to $2,500 to Canada nonprofit organizations and individuals for programs that promote outdoor safety and encourage youth and outdoor leaders to avoid outdoor risks. Funds may be used to train and educate youth and outdoor leaders on risk avoidan
Fellowships to USA, Canada, and International researchers for research on reproductive biology in mammals and its relation to fertility regulation. Eligible expenses include fringes, institutional overhead, and stipends. Funding is intended to support early-career resea
Grants to Ontario nonprofit organizations to hold events on public city streets in eligible regions. Funding is intended for sporting competitions that demonstrate the potential to attract tourists and participants from out of town. Funding is also intended for events t