Foundation / Corporation
Durham Community Foundation (DCF)
Grants to Durham Region, Ontario charitable organizations for programs that enhance the quality of life for local residents, as well as for their family and friends. Eligible programs will align with the Foundation's goals: arts and culture, capacity building, education, environment, financial literacy, health and wellness, social development, and youth development:
- Arts and Culture: Fostering and supporting the growth and further development of arts and cultural activities.
- Capacity Building: Establishing strong base for community service, developing or enhancing organizational strategy, or building capacity in our non-profit sector, charitable sector and community.
- Education: Enhancing the quality and accessibility of lifelong learning and educational opportunities for all ages.
- Environment: Supporting and encouraging appreciation and understanding of the environment, and resolving or preventing environmental issues.
- Financial Literacy: Having the knowledge and skills to make responsible economic and financial decisions with confidence.
- Health and Wellness: Promoting and advancing the physical and mental well-being of individuals and families.
- Social Development: Creating caring, safe and supportive environments for healthy social development of families and a variety of community-based groups.
- Youth Development: To support the healthy growth and development of young people.
There are two separate grantstreams:
- Durham Community Foundation Community Fund(s) Grantstream: For projects and programs benefiting residents of the Durham Region.
- Ajax Community Fund Grantstream: For projects and programs benefiting residents of the Town of Ajax specifically.
Projects and/or programs funded by DCF:
- Seed grants to initiate and encourage promising new projects and programs so that they can provide a direct service that benefits the community.
- Benefit a wide audience within Durham Region and involve a substantial number of participants.
- Build on existing community strengths and assets.
- Present an innovative and creative approach to address community concerns.
- Promote cooperation and collaboration across organizations to eliminate duplication of services.
- Promote and build volunteer participation.
- Provide a direct service that benefits the community.
- Strive to have a lasting impact on the local community.
- Strengthen the community’s capacity to care for itself.
GrantWatch ID#: 135541
Historically DCF has granted funds from $500 to $5,000.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit applications via email to info@DurhamCommunityFoundation.ca.
2-157 Harwood Avenue North Box 250
Ajax, Ontario, L1Z 0B6