Foundation / Corporation
Wichita Community Foundation - Wichita Wagonmasters Fund
Grants ranging from $250 to $1,000 to Wichita, Kansas nonprofit organizations for programming and capital projects that will enhance the quality of life of local residents. Funding is intended for activities that address community issues and for collaborative projects with other local organizations.
The following items are funded:
- Programs serving Wichita, Kansas
- Programs that avoid duplication of existing services
- Programs that collaborate with or facilitate collaboration among nonprofit organizations
- Programs that suggest creative and practical approaches to community problems
- Organizations with fiscal soundness
- Organizations that leverage other funding sources when available
- Programs that exhibit measurable results
- Organizations that demonstrate present and future sustainability
- Programs that address prevention as well as remediation
- Capital equipment, improvements, and construction
GrantWatch ID#: 135993
The Fund will consider requests beginning at $250 with a maximum of $1,000. The average grant awarded is $500.
All applicants to the Wichita Wagonmasters Fund at the Wichita Community Foundation must be in good standing with the Kansas Secretary of State’s office, must be currently exempt under IRS Section 501(c)(3), and classified as an organization to which contributions are deductible under Section 170(c)(2), normally a public charity under Section 509(a).
If an emerging nonprofit is certified by the Internal Revenue Service through a form 1023EZ, or is working with a qualified Kansas nonprofit as their fiscal agent, they may apply.
The fund will not accept grant requests for general support of operating budgets, reduction of organizational debt, direct lobbying or influencing of elections, tax-supported government functions, funding individuals, unnecessary duplication of existing services, fundraising campaigns and expenses, endowments, fellowships, beauty or talent contests, support of religious organizations of religious purposes, or courtesy advertising.
Applications are due October 31, 2018 at noon.
Applicants should contact the Wichita Community Foundation prior to submittal of requests greater than $1,000.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Shelly Prichard, President and CEO
Email contact form: https://wichitacf.org/contact
Wichita Community Foundation
301 N. Main Suite 100
Wichita, Kansas 67202
USA: Kansas: Wichita