USA: New Jersey
GrantRegions Object ( [regions] => Array ( ) [is_initialized] => [error_messages] => Array ( ) [qm] => QueryManager Object ( [is_debug] => [conn] => mysqli Object ( [affected_rows] => 0 [client_info] => mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: 3591daad22de08524295e1bd073aceeff11e6579 $ [client_version] => 50012 [connect_errno] => 0 [connect_error] => [errno] => 0 [error] => [error_list] => Array ( ) [field_count] => 2 [host_info] => 172.16.38.157 via TCP/IP [info] => [insert_id] => 0 [server_info] => 5.5.5-10.5.18-MariaDB [server_version] => 100518 [stat] => Uptime: 248872 Threads: 191 Questions: 41529074 Slow queries: 2 Opens: 10472 Open tables: 2268 Queries per second avg: 166.869 [sqlstate] => 00000 [protocol_version] => 10 [thread_id] => 6652072 [warning_count] => 0 ) ) [has_regions] => 1 [state_names] => Array (  => New Jersey; ) [province_names] => Array ( ) [country_names] => Array ( ) [is_israel] => [territories] => Array ( ) [free_associations] => Array ( ) )
A grant is available to qualified New Jersey non-profits and businesses to provide comprehensive information, education, and mentoring services to individuals with developmental disabilities, their families/guardians, and relevant staff, about transitioning from developmental centers to community residences.
The contractor will advise them about the types of alternative residential placement options in a community setting; about successfully transitioning from a developmental center (DC) and/or out-of-state setting to the community; and the types of supports that can be provided in a community residence.
The contractor will be required to:
* Meet with individuals whose Interdisciplinary Teams (IDTs) and guardians have agreed to community placement. The purpose of these meetings will be to share experiences of other individuals who have moved from DCs/Out-of-State settings and mentor individuals through the transition process.
* Provide information and education to families/guardians who are unsure about community living as to what types of homes are available and what care and supports can be expected. This will be essential in assisting families/guardians in making informed decisions about community placement and better recommendations for needed supports if community placement is chosen.
* Provide information and education to targeted staff (State and private) who are unsure about community living as to what types of homes are available and what care and supports can be expected. This will be essential in assisting IDT members, in making informed decisions about community placement and better recommendations for needed supports if community placement is chosen.
* Schedule and accompany individuals, families and guardians to visit and tour existing community homes and residential settings for people with developmental disabilities, to provide support and explanations of what they are seeing and experiencing.
* Provide multimedia materials about community living, including success stories of individuals who have moved from DCs to the community or returned home to New Jersey. These materials should include the experiences of their respective family members/guardians.
* Use family members of individuals who are living in community settings to perform the work outlined above wherever possible.
Estimated Total Program Funding: