New Jersey Department of Human Services - Division of Developmental Disabilities
10/04/13 5:00 PM
A grant is available to qualified New Jersey non-profits and businesses to provide comprehensive information, education, and mentoring services to individuals with developmental disabilities, their families/guardians, and relevant staff, about transitioning from developmental centers to community residences.
The contractor will advise them about the types of alternative residential placement options in a community setting; about successfully transitioning from a developmental center (DC) and/or out-of-state setting to the community; and the types of supports that can be provided in a community residence.
The contractor will be required to:
* Meet with individuals whose Interdisciplinary Teams (IDTs) and guardians have agreed to community placement. The purpose of these meetings will be to share experiences of other individuals who have moved from DCs/Out-of-State settings and mentor individuals through the transition process.
* Provide information and education to families/guardians who are unsure about community living as to what types of homes are available and what care and supports can be expected. This will be essential in assisting families/guardians in making informed decisions about community placement and better recommendations for needed supports if community placement is chosen.
* Provide information and education to targeted staff (State and private) who are unsure about community living as to what types of homes are available and what care and supports can be expected. This will be essential in assisting IDT members, in making informed decisions about community placement and better recommendations for needed supports if community placement is chosen.
* Schedule and accompany individuals, families and guardians to visit and tour existing community homes and residential settings for people with developmental disabilities, to provide support and explanations of what they are seeing and experiencing.
* Provide multimedia materials about community living, including success stories of individuals who have moved from DCs to the community or returned home to New Jersey. These materials should include the experiences of their respective family members/guardians.
* Use family members of individuals who are living in community settings to perform the work outlined above wherever possible.
GrantWatch ID#: 136371
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: New Jersey
Grants to USA government agencies, educational institutions, nonprofit organizations, faith-based and community organizations, and tribal governments for activities to reduce violent crime in local neighborhoods. Interested applicants are advised that required registra
Fundraising opportunity for USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations to host a jazz concert held in honor of their organization or cause. Applicants must contact the funding source prior to applying. In addition to funds raised through concert ticket sales
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to reduce social inequality and promote solutions to the climate crisis. Eligible programs will address the areas of racial and economic justice, corporate and political accountability; voice, creativity, and culture; and an inclusi
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations and Tribes to provide technical assistance and counseling for disadvantaged small businesses. Applicants are advised that required registrations may take several weeks to complete. The purpose of the available funding is to support
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations and eligible agencies to increase organizational capacity to improve housing practices. Applicants are advised that required registrations may take several weeks to complete. Funding is intended to strengthen organizational capacity
Grants to USA and Canada nonprofit charitable organizations to impact public policy in a variety of national and international issues. In previous years, grants have been awarded for general operations and project support to think tanks, national councils, judicial orga
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to protect natural resources on land and water in locations around the world. Funding is intended to ensure that activities to acquire metals, gemstones, and corals for design use do not have an adverse impact on the area of origin.
Grants to USA community-based nonprofit organizations to facilitate workplace readiness for women. Applicants are advised that required registrations may take up to four weeks to complete. Eligible programs are those that prepare women to work in fields in which women a
Grants of up to $3,000 to USA and Canada nonprofit organizations for projects to protect wildlife and natural habitats. Funding is intended for campaigns to save specific species and ecosystems. Eligible activities include public policy work, litigation, advocacy, and d
Grants to USA and territories nonprofit organizations, government agencies, and Tribal organizations and governments for environmental stewardship programs that benefit underserved communities. Applicants are advised that required registrations may take several weeks to