Grants to Maryland nonprofit organizations in eligible locations to benefit female residents. Funding is intended to enhance the well-being of women and girls and improve the quality of life for local families. Grant funds may be used to support operating costs, capital expenses, and programs. Applicant organizations must be based in and primarily serve Washington County.
The Women’s Giving Circle Grants Advisory Committee typically accepts applications for programs, capital and operating expenses that meet the following criteria:
Increase life skills of women
Encourage the healthy development and personal authority of young girls
Improve the quality of life for families in Washington County
Improve the emotional and physical well-being of all females
Applicant organizations must be based in and primarily serving Washington County, MD, and have a current 501(c)(3) determination from the IRS.
The Community Foundation usually will NOT approve grant requests for:
- Funding annual operating expenses
- Endowment campaigns
- Projects that would ordinarily receive public tax support
- Sectarian religious programs
- Political activities or organizations
- Special fundraising events/celebration functions
- Scholarships or financial assistance for grades K-12
- Deficit retirement
- Capital campaigns
- Any organization whose board of directors or programs are not primarily based in Washington County, MD
Deadline: April 03 2023 at 11:59 PM EDT (Midnight)
Organizations may apply for funding for more than one program; however, each program requires a separate grant application.