Grants of up to $10,000 to Colorado nonprofit organizations to improve the quality of life for residents in eligible communities. The purpose of the program is to provide services that assist local women, children, and families. All of the funds from these grants must be used in Mesa County and primarily serve Mesa County residents.
All applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- All applicants must have at least a three-member Board of Directors.
- Applicants must have non-profit 501(c)(3) status with the IRS.
- All programs must have been operating for no less than two (2) years, by application deadline.
- Upon request, all applicants must be able to provide previous fiscal year financial statement (audited if available) in addition to current fiscal year budget.
JSL will not accept requests from:
- Sectarian/Religious programs designed specifically for their member’s benefit
- Animal rights organizations, not excluding Animal Welfare
- Federal, State, or Local governments
- Political groups/candidates
- Media organizations
- Trade associations
- Fundraising drives
- JSL’s own events
JSL does not accept requests for:
- Multi-year funding
- Funding to cover operational costs only, no salary or employee costs
The application deadline is August 31, 2023.
JSL will not award more than one (1) grant per year to any organization, including parent corporations or subsidiaries.
Estimated Size of Grant
Requests should not exceed $10,000.
Term of Contract
Funds must be committed and used within one (1) year from date of receipt.