Foundation / Corporation
United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey
Grants to Southeastern Pennsylvania and Southern New Jersey non-profit organizations offering quality, innovative programs that deliver measurable results in the areas of education, income, and health, as well as strengthen the region's safety net. These grants are intended to support programs that provide individuals and families with access to the resources they need right now, while also addressing the root causes of some of the region’s most persistent challenges.
The United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey believes that everyone deserves a quality education, from cradle to career; the opportunity to build skills required for work that pays a family-sustaining income; and access to the resources they need — when they need them — to maintain good health and in times of crisis. As such, the UWGPSNJ seeks agency Impact Partners whose programs and/or services target specific individuals or groups and fulfill defined program components for each of the following strategy areas:
* Education – better prepare children to enter kindergarten ready to learn, learn to read at grade level by third grade, and stay on track to graduate high school college- and career-ready
* Income – help more working individuals and families improve their financial literacy and stability
* Health – build healthier communities for all children, adults, and families
* Basic Needs – support the area's most vulnerable neighbors when they need a hand the most
* Advocacy - educate both policy makers and community members on important issues to promote long-term solutions that improve education, income, and health, as well as those that ensure basic human needs are met
GrantWatch ID#: 136921
Organizations that receive funding can expect a minimum grant of $5,000 if services are delivered in New Jersey, and $20,000 in Pennsylvania, with a maximum grant of $200,000 in either New Jersey or Pennsylvania. No organization will receive more than $400,000 from UWGPSNJ.
Impact Grants begin starting July 1, 2014 and end on June 30, 2015.
Applicants must meet the following additional eligibility criteria:
- Agency meets all Patriot Act requirements.
- Agency has a minimum 2-year, service provision track record in the region.
- Agency and their program(s) offer services without regard to age, gender, race, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, or presence of a disability.
- Agency complies with all United Way contractual obligations including: outcome and client demographic reporting, submission of annual audit or financial review, maintain an up-to-date listing with the 2-1-1 system and any other requirements that are identified.
- Agency is registered with all applicable Department(s) of State's Bureau of Charitable Organizations where contributions are solicited.
- Agency audit has an unqualified opinion.
- Agency audit is free from “not a going concern” opinion.
- Agency audited Financial Statements is prepared on a USA GAAP basis.
- If Agency is subject to an A-133 audit, it must be free of findings and/or questioned costs. In the event there are findings or questioned costs, there must be a remediation letter from external auditors outlining corrective action(s) taken.
- Agency management letter, SAS 115 letter and/or A-133 audit (if applicable) must be free from significant deficiencies and/or material weaknesses and internal controls. In the event there are significant deficiencies and/or material weaknesses in internal controls, there must be a remediation letter from external auditors outlining corrective action(s) taken.
All applicants are required to complete a prequalification form prior to submitting the full funding application. The prequalification form will be available to the public until Friday, October 11, 2013 at the following link: https://secure.uwsepa.org/FundingApplication/Login/Login.aspx.
The full application will be available Monday, October 14, 2013 through Friday, November 15, 2013. For more information please check the United Way's website.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For more information about the UWGPSNJ's investment process, or for support with your application, please call 1-866-636-8673 or contact email@example.com.
Southeastern Pennsylvania and Southern New Jersey
USA: New Jersey; Pennsylvania