Foundation / Corporation
Heritage Montgomery (HM)
09/21/17 4:00 PM
Grants ranging from $500 to $2,500 to Montgomery County, Maryland nonprofits and local government agencies for programs that promote and preserve the County's unique history, culture, and natural resources. Applicants must contact the funding source to discuss their projects before submitting an application.
Grants are awarded annually for programs consistent with Heritage Montgomery’s mission:
– Enhancing Montgomery County’s appeal to travelers who love history and culture
– Encouraging residents and visitors to understand and appreciate the history, culture, and natural areas of the County
– Promoting tourism and economic activity
– Fostering preservation and stewardship of historic buildings and sites
– Providing and encouraging others to provide interpretive and educational programs and services about local heritage
– Implementing, within Montgomery County, the provisions of the Maryland Heritage Areas Authority
Activities eligible for funding include, but are not limited to:
- Heritage Days events
- Tours/trail development
- Educational and interpretive events/programs
- Displays and exhibits
- Website improvement
- Logo and identity development
- Interpretive panels and signage
- Museum and collection management materials and software
Activities in support of the 21st anniversary of Heritage Days in 2018 and Emancipation Day programs and projects specific to HM themes of Rivers, Roads, and Rails (Transportation Trails), Crossroads and Cultures (African American and Quaker Heritage), the Agricultural Reserve (Farms, Markets, and Scenic Byways), and Heritage Gems (Montgomery County’s Past) will be given special consideration.
GrantWatch ID#: 137217
$500 - $2,500
Applications submitted by September 21, 2017 are for projects to be completed by June 29, 2018, unless an extension has been granted.
Organizations must meet one of these criteria for the past 24 months:
- Be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit based in Montgomery County, Maryland; or
- Be an incorporated municipal government entity located in Montgomery County, Maryland.
Heritage Montgomery Mini Grants cannot fund:
- General operating expenses, such as salaries for staff
- Refreshment costs
- Fundraising activities, debt retirement, or political advocacy
- Scholarships or tuition assistance
- Activities for the exclusive benefit of an organization’s members
All applicants must contact HM Executive Director, Sarah Rogers, to discuss their projects before submitting a Mini-Grant application.
Application Materials for FY18 Mini Grants:
Application materials for FY 2018 Heritage Montgomery Mini Grants are available below. Applications are due by September 21, 2017. After reading the Guidelines, please contact HM to discuss your project prior to beginning your application. Awards will be announced mid-October 2017.
- Monday, Sept. 11, 2017: Optional review of final application by HM staff
- Thursday, Sept. 21, 2017: Application due to HM by 4pm
- Mid-October 2017: Announcement of awards – grant period begins
- Thursday, Nov. 16, 2017: Deadline to contact HM Director to schedule mid-project review
- Thursday, May 10, 2018: Extension request due, if needed
- Friday, June 29, 2018: Grant period ends – project must be complete
- Thursday, July 26, 2018: Final Report due
Applicants are encouraged to participate with free admission in the 21st Heritage Days weekend planned for June 23 and 24, 2018. If you do not plan to participate, please discuss with HM prior to submitting your Mini-Grant application.
Note: Grants require a 100% match, at least 50% of which must be cash.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Contact HM Executive Director, Sarah Rogers, at 301.515.0753 or director@HeritageMontgomery.org.
Submit the application electronically to both Director@HeritageMontgomery.org, and Lori@HeritageMontgomery.org, or mail completed application and support materials in hard copy and on a recordable CD to Heritage Montgomery, 12535 Milestone Manor Lane, Germantown, MD 20876.
USA: Maryland: Montgomery County