Foundation / Corporation
March of Dimes Florida
03/10/17 5:00 PM
Grants of up to $3,000 to Florida non-profit organizations, for-profit organizations, and government agencies offering quality programs that effectively address the health concerns of pregnant women and their infants. The goal of these grants is to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature births, and infant mortality.
Priority will be given to projects that meet one or more of the following criteria: a) are evidence-based; b) include measurable outcomes; and c) promote equity in birth outcomes.
Funding may be used to support activities such as: providing or enhancing preconception health/interconception education and/or services; or providing or enhancing risk reduction education and/or services. Projects may also focus on consumers and/or health care providers; however, the March of Dimes does not fund billable health care provider services.
Community Awards may not be used to support the purchase of equipment or furniture, individual tuition or conference fees, dues or membership fees, employee salary, or programs requiring long-term March of Dimes funding.
GrantWatch ID#: 137703
Up to $3,000
Community Awards are generally awarded for one year.
In order to be eligible to receive a March of Dimes community award, an organization must be an incorporated not-for-profit 501(c)(3), for-profit organization, or government agency. March of Dimes does not award grants to individuals.
1. Complete the attached Application Cover Sheet
2. Include a two-page letter of intent outlining the following:
• Name of agency/organization requesting the award
• Description of the program/project that the funds will support
• Description of budget items requested (details please), measurable objectives, how project success will be evaluated, and impact the project will have on target populations and communities affected
• How the program/project meets community needs and relates to the March of Dimes mission
• Time frame in which the funds will be spent
3. Emailed applications are preferred. Send your application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 p.m. on November 15, 2013.
4. Please also mail one signed hard copy to:
Donna Poynor, Director of Program Services
March of Dimes Florida Chapter
1831 NW 13th Street, Suite 3
Gainesville, FL 32609
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
If you have questions about this application process, please contact:
In South Florida: Director of Program Services, Patti Kodish, at 754-300-2609 or email@example.com
In North Florida: Director of Program Services, Donna Poynor, at 352-642-8291 or firstname.lastname@example.org
In Central Florida: Regional Program Director, Tracey Reed at 973-296-8805 or email@example.com