02/15/19 3:00 PM
Grants to Jackson County, Missouri nonprofit organizations and agencies for drug use prevention programs. Funding will be awarded to innovative and evidence-based programs that address drug and substance abuse prevention and the prevention of violent or drug-related crimes.
COMBAT funding can be in the form of regular funding, or through grant match funding.
GrantWatch ID#: 138217
All applications for COMBAT funding must meet the following requirements:
1. Any organization requesting COMBAT funding must have an office in Jackson County and provide services to Jackson County residents in Jackson County.
2. Applicant organizations must provide a copy of a letter from the Internal Revenue Service indicating current 501.c.3 tax-exempt status.
3. An applying agency must have been in existence for at least two years or identify a not-for-profit agency in existence for at least two years to serve as fiscal agent for the COMBAT award.
4. Applicant organizations must provide proof of current Good Standing with the Missouri Secretary of State.
5. Applicant organizations (or fiscal agents) must provide a copy of a certified financial audit (within the past two fiscal years).
6. Applicant organizations (or fiscal agents) must provide a copy of a current IRS form 990 (within past two years) or extension letter.
Applicant organizations must have on file a Compliance Certificate from Jackson County before any funding may be awarded.
COMBAT funds cannot be used for capital purchases.
All Prevention renewal applications are due Friday, Feb. 15, 2019 at 3:00 p.m. and must be submitted to the COMBAT office.
RFP's are issued every 2 years for prevention and treatment, and renewed through the funding application. Grant Match funding can be applied for each year through the funding application process.
COMBAT funding is provided on a reimbursement basis, available upon submission of receipts and proof of payment. It is strongly suggested that applicants have at least 10% of their program budget from other sources to provide these up-front funds.
Agencies that did not receive funding for prevention in 2018 can not apply for a 2019 prevention renewal.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit applications to:
415 E. 12th street, 9th floor
Kansas City, MO 64106
USA: Missouri: Jackson County