Grants of up to $8,500 to Illinois nonprofit organizations, associations, and institutions for arts programming in eligible locations. Funding is intended for new programs, projects, and events. Eligible proposals have artistic, cultural, and/or educational value. Projects must take place within the corporate city limits of Elgin.
Arts organizations that are Illinois registered not-for-profits and are offering their programming in Elgin are eligible to apply for the yearly Organizational Grants offered by the ECAC.
Applicant must be a resident of Elgin or have a documented history of contributing to the arts in Elgin.
Anyone receiving funds directly from the City of Elgin will not be considered for funding.
Applications will not be accepted for projects which are in progress.
Not Eligible/Funding WIll Not Be Granted For:
- Permanent additions or improvements to property or construction.
- Anyone receiving funds directly from the City of Elgin will not be considered for funding.
- Purchasing permanent equipment or capital expenditures.
- Operating expenses or scholarships or educational programs in any school.
- An existing deficit from a previous year or previous project.
- Hobbies or recreational projects.
- Any project for a church or any sectarian purpose.
- Any project for a political purpose.
- Any group receiving money directly from the City Council or payment in-kind agreements.
- Projects already funded by the City of Elgin or the ECAC.
Completed applications are due October 5, 2023 by 4:00 p.m.
Estimated Size of Grant
This grant program offers grant awards of up to $8,500.00.