Foundation / Corporation
United Way of the Florida Keys (UWFK)
03/09/18 5:00 PM EST
Grants to Monroe County, Florida nonprofits for programs that address the critical needs of families affected by Hurricane Irma. Priority will be given to programs that support low-income families or those that are facing debilitating situations. Examples include food pantries, meal programs, and free or reduced childcare for working parents.
Funding is intended to support programs that meet a critical need for working families in Monroe County by providing unduplicated services in one of the community impact areas:
- Access to nutritious food for people in critical need; or
- School-aged. early childhood, or after-care support with an educational or positive behavioral component; or
- Safety net services, defined as those providing referral and short-term emergency response services within Monroe County.
GrantWatch ID#: 140310
Dollars granted to each nonprofit agency will be paid in 12 monthly installments beginning in July 2018 and ending in June 2019.
Program goals should be realistically attainable by June 2019, with significant progress made by December 2018.
In addition to the limitation on eligibility based upon the community impact areas, funding will only be considered for:
- Nonprofit organizations recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, or nonprofit organizations requesting funding for a program which is a project under a 501(c)(3) faith-based organization.
- Organizations that show an appropriate ratio of fundraising and administrative overhead to that spent for the delivery of services; generally the administrative percentage should be well below 30%.
- Organizations that operate in accordance with a Non-discrimination Policy in writing that outlines how an organization does not discriminate in hiring, service delivery or volunteer services on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability.
- Applicants that have completed the application in its entirety and submitted all required documentation (or provided a satisfactory reason why the information is not applicable).
Funding will not be considered for:
- Individuals or for-profit organizations.
- Endowment or capital campaigns.
- Athletic associations or teams.
- Fundraising events, testimonial events or dinners and related activities such as silent auctions, raffles and walk-a-thons.
- Religious organizations if the activities serve only their membership or promote a particular religion or denomination.
- Lobbying efforts designed to influence legislation.
- Direct support for travel or tours by individuals or groups unless such travel is a critical component of an eligible program.
- Advertising other than that designed to make the public aware of available services.
As usual, United Way is offering two Community Meetings where organizations who would like to apply may ask questions about the application process. They will be held:
January 29, 2018: Key West and Lower Keys Grant Applicant Community Meeting, 10 am, Gato Building Conference Rooms 1 & 2, 1100 Simonton St, Key West
January 30, 2018: Middle and Upper Keys Grant Applicant Community Meeting, 10 am, FKAA Training Room, 3200 Overseas Hwy, Marathon
United Way will also hold an online video conference via Zoom where you can ask specific questions about using the portal. That meeting will take place:
Tuesday, February 13, 1:00pm – 2:00pm. See Contact Information below for a link to join the webinar via Zoom at that time.
The grant application deadline is Friday, March 9, 2018, at 5 pm EST.
- January 29, 2018 Key West and Lower Keys Grant Applicant Community Meeting
- January 30, 2018 Middle and Upper Keys Grant Applicant Community Meeting
- February 13, 2018 Zoom Webinar
- March 9, 2018, 5 p.m. EST Application Deadline
- Week of April 16 – 20, 2019 Site Visits
- May 15, 2018 Funding Decision Meeting
- June 1, 2018 Deadline for Adjusting Program Goals
- July 1, 2018 Funding Begins
- January 11, 2019 and July 12, 2019 Mandatory Progress Reports Due
How to apply: http://www.keysunitedway.org/hurricane-focused-2018-19-community-investment-funding-application
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to join the webinar: https://zoom.us/j/4889469385
Online application portal: https://agency.e-cimpact.com/login.aspx?org=11190F
USA: Florida: Monroe County