Contracts for services of up to $1,500 to Washington nonprofit organizations and community groups for arts and cultural programs in eligible communities. Funding is intended to enhance the local quality of life through arts experiences. Priority will be given to projects involving local artists. Eligible activities include special projects, artist’s residencies, and performances that extend the group’s usual arts programming. Projects must take place in Shoreline/Lake Forest Park or primarily benefit Shoreline/LFP residents.
Project may involve one or a combination of the arts: visual, music, theater, dance, literary, and media (film, digital, etc.).
Funds may be used for specific artistic costs (i.e. guest artist fees, presentation of new work or to new audiences, royalties, facility rental, production costs, etc.).
Project should expand current arts experiences offered by the organization.
Projects must be open, accessible, and advertised to the general public (some COVID-19 exceptions allowed).
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Eligibility Criteria" for clarification)
Additional Eligibility Criteria
Non-profit organizations OR Community Groups
Nonprofit Organizations (501c3) must have been in operation for at least one year to apply.
Community Groups (not 501c3) must have been in operation for at least three years to apply.
Funds may not be used for general operating costs. Funds may not be used for a for-profit event.
Projects which can not be supported include:
- Capital projects, purchase of real property
- Tuition assistance, scholarships, or cash prizes to individuals
- Projects which have already been completed
- Operating funds normally budgeted for a project
- Project funding to offset regular annual deficits
- Projects supporting and/or promoting any candidate, ballot initiative, political party or religiously affiliated organization
- Projects exclusively or primarily benefiting the membership of the organization or those that preclude reasonable access by the general public
- For profit organizations or projects
Application Deadline: 5pm, Wednesday, November 30, 2022
Matching Funds: Proposal must show evidence of other support such as ticket sales, sponsorships, grants, donations, or other funding sources.