Municipality of East Hants Department of Recreation and Culture
Grants to East Hants, Nova Scotia nonprofit organizations to enhance indoor and outdoor recreational facilities for the benefit of local residents. Applicants are required to contact program staff prior to applying. Funding is intended to support projects that include, but are not limited to, community halls, recreation centers, parks, playgrounds, and facility grounds.
The Municipality of East Hants recognizes the importance and value of not-for-profit, community-based organizations. These organizations own or operate facilities that provide recreational opportunities that benefit East Hants residents. Funding is available to assist with completing projects that support the maintenance and enhancements of their assets.
District Recreation Funds are designated for projects pertaining to:
- Trail, park and playground development
- Indoor and outdoor sport and recreation facilities
- Community halls and recreation centers
- Improvements to facility grounds
- Maintenance Equipment (i.e. lawn mowers)
- Life-Cycle analysis and needs assessments
- Emergency Repairs at Council’s discretion
The Council may approve funding projects from multiple Districts. Special consideration will be given to projects that have facilities and users of facilities that service a large area of the municipality. Examples include sporting associations, trail systems, destination parks, etc..
GrantWatch ID#: 140374
Organizations are automatically considered for 50% of project costs.
Organizations have twelve (12) months from project approval to complete the project.
District Recreation Funds are available to non-profit organizations that:
1. Are registered under the Nova Scotia Joint Stocks or Registered as a Canadian Charitable Organization.
2. Operate facilities within the boundaries of the Municipality of East Hants and provide recreation services that are accessible to all residents.
3. Own the land and associated assets or have long term guaranteed access. The municipality may consider an organization that has a long-term lease or can provide an acceptable alternative.
In special circumstances, the Council may contribute more than 50% of the total project cost, such as if the applicant is the only organization maintaining a recreation facility in that district, or if there is evidence of significant community support demonstrated by written letters of support from the other eligible organizations.
Application Deadlines: January 31 and April 30. Applicants are encouraged to apply by January 31 as funds in this program are limited.
Please contact the Parks, Recreation and Culture Department to discuss your project prior to submitting your application.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To contact the Parks, Recreation and Culture Department, email email@example.com.
Municipality of East Hants
Department of Recreation and Culture
District Recreation Fund
15 Commerce Crt.
Elmsdale, NS, B2S 3K5
Phone: (902) 883-3387
Toll Free: 1-866-758-2299
Canada: Nova Scotia