Grants to Oconomowoc, Wisconsin schools for innovative and creative educational projects that positively impact student learning. Funding is intended to cover projects, resources, and equipment that are not covered by the school budget. Eligible projects are those that enrich or supplement teaching efforts and learning activities that directly benefit students.
Key criteria in selection process:
- Impact a significant percentage of students within a curricular area/department or program
- More than “brick and mortar” or equipment – must expand/enhance teaching and learning
- Creative programming, curriculum-based, innovative, fosters leadership, learners and belonging
- Long-term potential to impact student learning Grant proposals are strengthened if other groups (i.e. Individual school PTO, parents, businesses, civic or community organizations, etc.) are involved as resources for the project.
The OPEF Board of Directors will evaluate all Grant proposals on a competitive basis using the following criteria:
1. A project demonstrates the potential of benefiting students in the school in which it will be conducted and/or the Oconomowoc Area School District as a whole. Follows the OASD Strategic Plan and mission of empowering a community through building learners and leaders.
2. The proposed project is clearly presented with realistic and educationally sound objectives.
3. The procedures to be followed are clearly described. The methods, necessary materials, resource personnel, tentative schedule and completion date are specified.
4. An evaluation plan suitable to the nature of the project is defined.
5. The budget request is reasonable and sufficiently detailed. NOTE: All items recorded under Budget Expenditures for the project that are not educationally related generally will not be considered for granting monies for the project.
6. The proposed project has unique, creative, or innovative components as opposed to repeating or duplicating programs already in progress. NOTE: The Oconomowoc Public Education Foundation Board of Directors will limit the funding of all grants to a maximum of two (2) consecutive terms for strong 2 development and implementation. After the seed has been planted, the project must find alternative funding or be considered for acceptance into the curriculum activities for the Oconomowoc School District and/or school(s) involved in the project.
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Eligibility Criteria" for clarification)
Additional Eligibility Criteria
Applications are accepted from schools in the Oconomowoc Area School District.
October 6 at 1:00pm in the SLI Cafeteria: grant writing workshops and Q & A sessions offered for interested staff.
Prior to submission to OPEF, all grant proposals must be signed by the appropriate school principal and reviewed by the OASD administration to ensure alignment with school district goals and curriculum.
- On or before December 18, 2017: Grant proposals for the following school year are due to the OPEF Foundation
-January 2018: OPEF Grants committee is selected and invited to grant review meetings.
- February 2018: Continued review of grant proposals. Applicants may request to present Grant request to Grant Committee. Request to be made upon turning of Application.
- March 2018: The OPEF Grants Committee will present grant applications and directional recommendations at the March 2018 regularly scheduled OPEF Board meeting.
- April 2018: The grant recipients will receive a contract for the projects to be implemented for the 2018-2019 school year. Signed contracts need to be turned in to OPEF by May 2018 or other specified date.
- June 2018: Final report due from the recipients who received grants from the 2017 grant cycle.
Term of Contract
Funding is for projects to be implemented for the 2018-2019 school year.
A second year of funding cannot be assumed. If the applicant desires a project to be considered for a second year, the applicant must reapply for funding for that year.
The completed Grant Application with appropriate signatures will be returned to OPEF, c/o OASD Administrative Offices – Attn Julie Miller.