Grants of up to $5,000 to Saskatchewan nonprofit organizations in eligible locations for events that foster community engagement and unity. Funding is intended to provide support for one-time events that are open to the public and are community-based. Eligible events must be held in the City of Regina. The city's funding priorities are activities that promote culture, social development, and sports and recreation.
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Eligibility Criteria" for clarification)
Additional Eligibility Criteria
To qualify for funding, all the following eligibility conditions must be met:
- The organization must be incorporated as a non-profit organization and must have been incorporated for a minimum of one year at the time of application submission;
- The organization must not exclude anyone because of religion, national or ethnic origin, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, or mental or physical disability. This does not preclude those organizations that restrict services to a particular sector of the community for reasons of improving the conditions of disadvantaged individuals or groups according to Section 15 (1) (2) of the Charter of Rights;
- The organization must be considered in good standing by the City of Regina (e.g., no outstanding accounts such as unpaid taxes, utilities, tickets, permits, etc. or outstanding follow-up reports from previous CIGP funding);
- The event must be a community based activity which is open to the public;
- The event must occur in Regina.
- Events that result in cash prizes, awards and/or gifts are eligible to apply
- Business improvement districts partnering with the City of Regina are eligible to apply
The City of Regina does not provide funding to:
- Events that qualify for funding under other City of Regina grant programs (e.g., hosting championship events under the Sport & Recreation Stream);
- Organizations that have already received a City of Regina Special Event grant that year;
- Organizations hosting a conference;
- Annual and/or recurring events;
- Annual general meetings, educational seminars and/or professional development;
- Initiatives whose purpose is the furtherance of a religious or political belief;
- Charitable foundations;
- Municipal service providers such as fire, police and libraries;
- Saskatchewan Health Authority, hospitals, nursing homes; and
- Schools, school boards, educational institutions or school related functions (e.g. open houses, celebrations, anniversaries or BBQs, etc.) are not eligible for funding.
City of Regina funding may not be used for:
- Building renovations or improvements; and
- City of Regina grant funding used specifically for cash prizes, awards and/or gifts
Applications will be accepted prior to the following seven deadlines: February 28, March 31, April 28, May 31, June 30, September 30 and November 30, 2023. All deadlines are dependent on available funds.
Please apply on the deadline, which is at least six (6) weeks prior to the event. The City of Regina commits to providing a response within four (4) weeks of each of the above deadline dates.
Applications can be submitted up to one (1) year prior to the event.
An initial payment of 80 percent of the approved funding is made following approval of a request. The final 20% will be reimbursed following the event.
Estimated Size of Grant
Up to $5,000
Term of Contract
Applications are one-time funding for the calendar year.