Foundation / Corporation
Music Teachers National Association (MTNA) Foundation Fund
05/01/18 3:00 PM EST
Grants of up to $750 to USA music teachers for education, professional development, and personal enrichment opportunities that will enhance the applicant's teaching and performing skills. Funding is intended for private study, special projects, and specific college-level course work in pedagogy, composition, music theory, and performance.
Teacher Enrichment Grants support Pillar Two of the MTNA mission: “Sustain the Profession,” by supporting programs/activities designed to “ensure the long-term future of the profession.”
- Quality—Project is well thought out and demonstrates, supports or promotes professional development, continuing education or personal enrichment.
- Implementation—Applicant demonstrates ability to successfully design and implement the project. This might include documented planning, financial management and/or timeline.
- Benefit/Impact—Applicant articulates how he/she will benefit from the project and the impact that the project will have on his/her professional development or career. Project will “sustain the profession” through professional development, continuing education or personal enrichment.
GrantWatch ID#: 141213
The number of grants awarded in any year is determined by the number of qualified applicants and available funds.
The grant provides assistance of up to $750.
Proposed projects must occur during the current grant year (July 1, 2018–June 30, 2019).
- Applicant must be actively teaching at the time of application.
- Applicant may apply for funding for only one project per year.
- Final reports for any previous MTNA grants have been submitted.
The grant is not intended to be used to pursue course work toward a degree nor for ongoing projects. Grant applications for assistance with commercial ventures or projects that could be funded by an employer are not encouraged.
Submission deadline: 3:00 p.m., Eastern Time, May 1, 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
MTNA National Headquarters
1 W. 4th St., Ste. 1550
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Phone: (513) 421-1420
Phone: (888) 512-5278
Gary L. Ingle, Executive Director & CEO
(513) 421-1420 ext. 226
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)