Foundation / Corporation
Music Teachers National Association (MTNA) - Foundation Fund
05/01/18 3:00 PM EST
Grants of up to $5,000 to USA music-related nonprofit organizations. Funding is intended to provide seed money to the nonprofit to use in the development of application materials that can lead to greater funding opportunities from different organizations.
The grants support Pillar One of the MTNA mission: “Engage the Public,” by supporting programs/activities designed to “increase the number of all people making and teaching music.”
Funds are to be used for the development of promotional materials (for example, CDs or DVDs, website), grant proposals or other materials/documents required to make a compelling case for larger funding from other organizations.
The ideal applicant organization has an existing program that:
- Has a history of success in creating new music makers
- Reaches adult learners as well as young people
- Is not solely “achievement-based” (that is, designed to encourage life-long music participation rather than high-level performance)
- Can be reproduced in other places with other leadership
- Is capable of attracting greater funding from larger organizations
An applicant organization does not have to meet all the above criteria to be awarded a Program Development Grant. Any organizations with innovative new programs are encouraged to apply.
- Quality—Project is well thought out and demonstrates, supports or promotes the creation of new music makers. Project is focused on developing materials to be used for applying for larger funding from other foundations.
- Implementation—Applicant demonstrates ability to successfully design and implement the project. This might include documented planning, leadership, financial management and/or timeline.
- Benefit/Impact—Applicant articulates how the organization will benefit from the project and the impact that the project will have on future funding from other foundations and ultimately on the creation of new music makers. Project will “engage the public” by supporting programs/activities designed to “increase the number of all people making and teaching music.”
GrantWatch ID#: 141225
Up to $5,000
Proposed project must occur during the current grant year (July 1, 2018–June 30, 2019).
- Any music-related nonprofit may apply.
- Only one application per organization should be submitted.
- Final reports for any previous MTNA grants have been submitted.
This grant is not intended to provide operating funds for a program.
Submission deadline: 3:00 p.m., Eastern Time, May 1, 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
MTNA National Headquarters
1 W. 4th St., Ste. 1550
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Phone: (513) 421-1420
Phone: (888) 512-5278
Gary L. Ingle, Executive Director & CEO
(513) 421-1420 ext. 226
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming