Foundation / Corporation
Grants starting at $5,000 to Canada K-12 schools for essential musical instruments and equipment for curriculum-based school music programs. The goal of the funding is to ensure the continuous growth of the school music programs. Applications will be evaluated according to many factors. Each school program is unique, but below are the main criteria used to evaluate applications:
- Economic need of the program and the school community
- Inventory and condition of current instruments
- Dedication of school staff & support for the program to be executed as outlined
- Number of students participating in the program and overall impact on the school community
- Community support of the program, which could include people such as parents, school board members, parent council members, etc.
- Unique stories about students and the program that show the need level and the potential impact of MusiCounts instruments
The Foundation is looking for information on any factors that identify the need level of your particular school and school community. Each situation is unique but some factors may include: number of students from low-income families, number of students from single-parent households, number of students who would be classified as English language learners, geographic isolation, assistance programs at the school such as breakfast or lunch programs, special needs students, etc.
GrantWatch ID#: 141298
The MusiCounts Band Aid program provides musical instruments in increments of $5,000 or $10,000.
The MusiCounts Band Aid Program is only open to elementary, junior high, secondary and separate school music programs in Canada. The programs must be curriculum-based.
MusiCounts Band Aid instruments will not be awarded to:
- After school music programs (instruments can be used for these, but the main purpose must be for the school curriculum program)
- Community music programs
- Schools that have received a grant from MusiCounts in the last five years
- School music programs outside of Canada
- Private foundations
- Political organizations
- Athletic teams or social groups
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, disability or religion
- Research organizations or projects
- Fundraising events (e.g., golf tournaments, school events)
- Scholarship organizations
The MusiCounts Band Aid Program can only be used for instrument and equipment purchases related directly to using the instruments. 15% or less of your estimated budget may be used to purchase music stands, sheet music, guitar hooks, cases and other instrument requirements. The Band Aid Program will not pay for teacher’s salaries, travel costs, etc.
Early bird application deadline is Monday, October 16, 2017. If you apply by this date you are eligible to receive a SHURE USB microphone (approximate $100 value, while quantities last).
Final application deadline is Monday, November 20, 2017.
The recipients for 2017-2018 will be notified by the end of February, 2018. MusiCounts lets you know whether your application is approved or declined.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online Application Form: https://www.musicounts.ca/musicounts-band-aid-program-2017-application-forms/
If you prefer a physical copy, and for questions, please contact the MusiCounts team at:
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon