Foundation / Corporation
National Football League (NFL) Foundation
Grants ranging from $1,000 to $4,000 to USA professional football players and coaches (both current and former) to organize and host free, non-contact youth football summer camps. First-time coaches must complete an online course on heat an hydration.
This program provides funding to football players and coaches from the National Football League who are giving back to communities in their hometowns or team cities while also providing positive examples for young football participants by emphasizing sportsmanship and involvement in community-wide charitable projects.
- Be free for all participants
- Only allow instruction and participation in non-contact football (tackle instruction is not permitted)
- Include positive character and life skills messaging for the youth participants
- Offer at least four hours of activities (either on a single day or over multiple days)
- Incorporate health and safety information and learnings into the camp curriculum
- Be established in the NFL player or coach applicant’s name and be organized and attended by the player or coach
- Not be a source of revenue (e.g., salary, endorsements, etc.) for the NFL players, coaches, and other involved parties.
- Have insurance
- Include an onsite licensed healthcare professional
- All coaches/clinicians for approved camps must take and pass the online Coach Smart Course before the first day of the camp
- All receipts for items, food, etc. must be provided to the NFL Foundation in an online grant report
GrantWatch ID#: 141392
Grants range from $1,000 up to $4,000.
- Current NFL players
- Former NFL players who: Are vested under the Bert Bell/Pete Rozelle NFL Player Retirement Plan; will host a camp associated with a nonprofit organization or school
- Current NFL coaches (head, assistant, special teams, etc.)
- Former NFL coaches (head, assistant, special teams, etc.) who will host a camp associated with a nonprofit organization and/or school
Please note that the NFL Foundation will not review applications for any players or coaches who have not completed grant reports (formerly known as evaluations) for past grants.
Former NFL players and coaches must be affiliated with a non-profit organization or school to apply for this grant opportunity.
Current NFL players and coaches may choose to have their camps affiliated with a nonprofit organization or school but it is not a requirement for them.
The NFL Foundation will not allow grant funds to cover hotel or travel costs for coaches.
Application is Due March 16, 2018.
First-time coaches at camps funded through the NFL Foundation must complete our online Coach Smart course with instruction on heat and hydration and concussion awareness and prevention. This year's Coach Smart Course includes an updated CDC concussion awareness video.
For first time applicants and any players who need assistance running camps the NFL Foundation strongly recommends applying for the USA Football FUNdamentals camp (available once the applicant logs in and registers).
FUNdamentals is designed to provide a turn-key and ready-to-execute, non-contact youth football clinic at the desired facility. The objective is simple: make it easy for caring NFL players and coaches to provide a positive football development experience to children in their communities.
All required documents and information must be submitted online. If the applicant has any problems, please notify the Foundation through the GAMS (Grant Application Management System) messaging system. The Foundation no longer accept faxed documents.
The NFL Foundation will only support one camp per NFL player, former player or coach. Multiple camp grants are no longer offered
About the Youth Football Program:
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)