City of Woodinville
08/14/18 4:00 PM
Grants to Woodinville, Washington nonprofit organizations for events to promote tourism in the local area. Requests will be evaluated on the basis or operations of marketing of special programs, activities, and events that are likely to attract tourists to the City.
1. The event or program, hereafter referred to as “activity”, must occur within Woodinville boundaries or exclusively promote Woodinville activities or organizations, and must comply with the requirements of RCW 67.28.1816 (attached at the end of the application).
2. The recipient and activity must be consistent with and further Woodinville’s image and goals.
3. The recipient and activity must be of general community interest or value.
4. Admission to or participation in the activity must be “free of charge” unless approved by City.
5. The recipient must provide full financial statements for the organization, as well as budget and actual financial statements for the activity submitted for funding.
6. The recipient must demonstrate that the activity submitted for funding is not duplicative or in competition with other Woodinville events, activities, or organizations.
7. Once an activity has been approved, the recipient must obtain all legally required permits, licenses, insurance and approvals before City funds will be released.
8. The recipient shall submit a written report of the results of the activity funded, including information describing the actual number of people traveling for business or pleasure on a trip:
a. Away from their place of residence or business and staying overnight in paid accommodations;
b. To a place 50 miles or more from their place of residence or business for the day or staying overnight; or
c. From another country or state outside of their place of residence or their business.
9. The recipient shall acknowledge the City’s contribution in formal promotional materials and efforts (i.e. logo, etc.).
10. The City and Lodging Tax Advisory Committee may amend or waive any eligibility or evaluation criteria or irregularity to award grants.
Examples of past projects include city wayfinding signs, Celebrate Woodinville, and marketing programs designed to attract visitors to Woodinville.
GrantWatch ID#: 141931
Events may be held in 2019.
The City of Woodinville encourages organizations to apply.
Grant applications are due to the City of Woodinville electronically or by mail no later than Tuesday, August 14, 2018 at 4:00 PM.
Awards are anticipated to be distributed by the City Council in December 2018 and will be funded on a reimbursement basis for events held in 2019.
-06/20/2018: Grant application solicitation period commences.
-08/14/2018: Grant application period closes at 4:00 PM
-09/04/2018: Lodging Tax Advisory Committee (LTAC) reviews applications and decides on recommendations to the Woodinville City Council.
-09/18/2018: LTAC recommendations are presented to the City Council for consideration which starts the statutory 45-day period before final action can be taken.
-12/31/2018: Woodinville City Council awards the 2019 grants.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Questions regarding tourism grants can be directed to:
Blaine Fritts, Finance Director for the City of Woodinville
Applications and supporting documents may be mailed or e-mailed to:
City of Woodinville 17301
133rd Avenue NE
Woodinville, WA 98072
(Subject Line: Tourism Grant Application)
USA: Washington: City of Woodinville